Chapter 15

*Kendall's Pov*

I look to Niall and then back to Harry, and repeat. I couldn't do this, not to Niall. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't break his fragile heart. I was afraid it would never be reapaired if I did. "Niall, we have something to tell you." Harry says. 

I shoot him a wide-eyed look and then look back to Niall. "Yeah, I-I just wanted to tell you.." I trail off by jumping in his arms, "That I love you!" I squeal. 

I look to Niall who is giving Harry a questioning look. "I-I love you too?" He says as almost a question.

I smile nervously and get down from his hold. "I should go check on Olivia." I say before quickly exiting the room.

That went.....well....right?

------

I couldn't bring myself to be around Niall, I knew he suspected something and who knows what Harry told him after I left the room. I sit down on the couch with Olivia in my arms. Everyone had gone home and I am not exactly sure where Niall is. I rock Olivia in my arms until she slowly falls asleep. 

I carry Olivia upstairs to her room and open the door only to find Niall sitting in the rocking chair against the wall. I give him a questioning look as Iay Olivia down in her crib. I motion for Niall to follow me out of the room and he does as told. We walk downstairs to the kitchen and I hop onto the counter and he stands across from me. "Why were you sitting in Olivia's room?" I ask him.

"I go there to think sometimes. I don't know it's a good thinking spot." He explains. 

I smile, "And what were you thinking about?" 

"Everything. About us, about Olivia. I never expected my life to be like this, so fast." he says.

"Did you not want it like this?" I ask.

"No, I didn't know how I wanted it and I'm so glad it's like this. I'm glad I have you." he says as he kisses my cheek. 

A feeling a guilt hits me and without thinking I say, "Niall, I need to tell you something."

"Anything" he says, the smile never leaving his face.

I just need to come out and say it, it will be over and done with when I do. "I kissed Harry." I see the smile fade from his face and his puppy dog eyes turn to sorrow. I hate when he's upset because he makes me upset when he is. "But it didn't mean anything, Ni, it just kind of happened....I love you and only you."

He doesn't say anything, his only response is him running his hand through his hair. After about two minutes of silence he walks away and out the door. The only thing I hear is him kicking the metal garbage cans and the starting of the car. I slide down to the floor and start to cry. I never wanted to hurt him, I just didn't want to lie to him. 

----

I tried calling Niall over and over again and eventually gave up, realizing he did not want to talk to me. What if he was out there doing something he regreted? It finally came to my mind to call Harry. I dial his number and after about the third ring he answered. "Harry? Have you seen Niall?" I ask quickly.

"No? What happened?" he asks.

"I told him about...the kiss and he left. I don't know where he went. Not that I thought he would go to you and start something, but you never know." 

"Well, he wasn't here. How did he take it?" he asks.

"Not very good, he didn't say anything. Nothing at all and that is so unlike him. You should of seen his face...it was literally heartbreaking." I explain. 

"Well, he has to come back, I mean you have Olivia and you know he loves that girl with his whole heart and it isn't like him to just leave her behind. You need to talk it out with him, Ken, make things alright again. I'll try to talk to him when I can." he says. 

"Okay, Haz. I'll talk to you later." I say and hang up when I hear the door quietly open from the other room. 

I walk out to see Niall walking in. When he see's me, he drops his head and walksby me. His eyes were puffy as if he had been crying and his nose was red. "Niall, we need to talk." I say. 

"There's nothing to talk about." He replies. 

"Yes there is Niall. Please talk to me." I plead.

He turns around sharply, "Okay, lets talk. What should we talk about, Kendall? About the fact that you lied to me, snuck around behind my back, and kissed one of my best mates?" He says in a louder tone than usual as he collapses onto the floor with his head in his hands. 

I feel the tears start to brim in my eyes, "I know your mad and I don't blame you." I sit across from him against the wall. When he see's me sit by him and gets up and walks across the room. "Niall, you don't always have to be so strong for me." I say quietly. 

I look over to Niall to only see him take a lamp in his hand and whip it to the floor. I flinch at the sound of the glass shattering. This was never a side of Niall I have seen before and it kind of scared me. He gives me a glare as he storms out of the room.

I groan and hit my head against the wall and let the tears fall. This was not suppose to be how our family started...