Chapter 16

*Kendall's Pov*

I finally finish cleaning up all the broken glass from the lamp when I let out a yawn. I look at the clock to see it nearing midnight. With all the thinking I had been doing I must of lost track of time. I walk around the house to see if I could find Niall when I come upon him in his "man cave."

I sigh as I see him setting up the couch with his pillow and a few blankets. "Niall did you check on Olivia?" I ask him calmly. 

"Yup." He says simply. 

"And is she still asleep?" I ask.

"Yup." He repeats.

I sigh again as he collapses onto the couch and covers himself up. "Niall what are you doing?" I ask him. 

"I'm going to bed, Kendall. Now let me be." he says.

"But w-why down here?" I ask.

"Because you showed me today that we really don't mean anything, so whats the point of sleeping in the same room as you?" he spats at me.

I wanted to burst out in tears, but I couldn't. I had cried them all out earlier and there seemed to be nothing left in me. I umnderstand why he is mad and I should just let him be, but I can't, he keeps drawing me back simply because I am in love.

I turn my back to him and walk back up the stairs to my room and lie down in my bed trying to sleep, but I can't. Niall usually snuggles up to me and makes me warm, but tonight I was cold. Niall usually leaves soft snores close to my ear, but tonight I layed in silence. Things just weren't the same if Niall wasn't there and thats why I needed to get him to love me again. 

--------

I wake up the next morning with only about two hours of sleep. My mind wandered all night thinking about all the things I may have screwed up. I crawl out of bed with bags under my eyes and my hair a mess and walk down to the kitchen. I see Niall feeding a bottle to Olivia and when he see's me he gives me nothing but a blank glare, no 'good morning' like he use to. 

He quickly finishes feeding Olivia to only hand her to me and flee from the house. Wherever he was going was only known to him. Probably the same place he went yesterday. I gently bounce Olivia in my arms as I think of a way to let my mind be clear. 

--------

*Harry's Pov*

I hear my phone ring and I quickly answer it. For some reason I always answer right away, no matter who is calling. "Hello?" I say even though I know it's Kendall by the caller I.D.

"Haaarrrryyyyy." She says dragging out my name. "I'm bored." 

"Well, where's Niall?" I ask her.

"He left. He has really had it with me, Haz. I'm pretty sure he hates me." she explains.

"Ken, I'm sure he doesn't hate you, he just needs his space. As long as Niall isn't there, want me to come over? I don't know if I could face him yet." I ask her.

"Yes, please. I love Olivia and everything but I would really love someone who can actually talk." She says with a slight giggle. 

I chuckle, "Okay, be right over." I say and hang up.

-------

I go to knock on the door but before I can Kendall swings the door open. Wow, someone is reallllly bored. I walk in and she sets Olivia down on her bouncer in the living room. She turns to me and says, "What should we do?" 

"Well I actually want to show you something." I tell her and I sit down on the bench in front of the piano. I pat the seat next to me telling her to sit down. She sits down and I turn to her. "So me and Sam McCarthy have actually been putting a song together and to be honest it took forever to figure out what the song would actually be about. When all the drama with me, you, and Niall started happening I wrote the lyrics instantly. It is kind of a mix of me realizing that we aren't meant to be together, but that you and Niall are and that you may be arguing now but that is bound to change if you are really in love." I explain.

"Can I hear the song now Haz?" She asks with a smile spread across her face. 

I nod and start to play the piano to the beat of the song. I take a deep breath and begin to sing the lyrics. 

Now you were standing there right in front of me

I hold on it's getting harder to breathe

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me

I never noticed how bright they would be

I saw in the corner there is a photograph

No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you

It lies there alone in its bed of broken glass

This bed was never made for two

I'll keep my eyes wide open

I'll keep my arms wide open

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

I promised one day that I'll bring you back a star

I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand oh

Seems like these days I watch you from afar

Just trying to make you understand

I'll keep my eyes wide open yeah

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone

I turn and look at Kendall whose smile has faded. "You didn't like it?" I ask her which snaps her attention back.

"No, it was great. It was truly a really good song and I know it will be a hit, but.....did you show this to Niall yet?" She asks.

"No, why?" I ask confused.

She stands up from the bench with tears in her eyes. "I think I really screwed up this time. I don't think he will forgive me and I don't think we will end up together again." She turns to quickly walks out of the room leaving me alone with Olivia. They had to work this out. They loved each other. They have Olivia and if she grows up with her parents being seperated who knows how she might turn out. I hate the feeling of knowing that this could of been all my fault.