Chapter 13

"Be like trees; people throw stones at them and they throw the best fruit back at them"

______

Ahmad's POV

'Haz'? What does that mean? I was thinking on my way to hospital. I had an emergency call from the hospital for an immediate surgery so I had to run to hospital leaving Ayesha behind all alone at home.

Last night she snapped at me badly. Was she this much hurt by leaving her parents or am I thinking much about her? Do every girl behave like this with their husbands? Was she forced into this marriage? But her Abbu said that she confessed a yes to them. May be she needs time to adjust with me.

When she told me to get out of the room I was wretched with anger building inside me. It took years to build patience inside me and especially in the times of anger when I always need to keep my mouth shut. Back then I was really a short tempered man but the conditions changed me in which islam plays vital role. I remembered the hadith which is that our prophet (PBUH) said: 'the strong is not the one who overpowers in wrestling, but the strong one is he who controls himself in anger.' I calmed myself leaving her all alone in the room but I couldn't stop myself from speaking my last words before leaving the room.

I was engrossed in punching the bag because I couldn't sleep after all that happened. Boxing relieves my anger. After an hour I heard Ayesha shouting to save her. I ran to our room and saw her standing on the bed with the bouquet I gave. What is she up to? I thought and barged to her swiftly asking what was wrong. She grabbed me up to the bed indicating that there was a monster behind the curtain and she will cast a magic spell. Has she seen too much of fairy movies? She casted a magic spell from Harry Potter and I couldn't suppress my laugh as I discovered the monster was non other than my babu cat snowy. Snowy wakes me up daily at three and she thought it was me sleeping on the bed. She heard my voice and came out from behind the curtain but Ayesha's shrill voice scared the hell out of her. She's damn scared of strangers and I don't know how these two will get along. I went to snowy and picked her up trying to calm her down but then Ayesha layed on the bed completely ignoring me. Without a huff I went out of the room and gave out my uncontrollable laugh. This girl is such a kid, how did she even plan to get married? My mood was really off but her hilarious character brightened me. I gave snowy the cat food and went to do wudu for tahajjud. I needed sleep but if I would have slept then I would probably have missed my tahajjud as well as vitr salah. It was soon time for fajr and I was hanging between the decision that I should wake up Ayesha or not? I should better wake her up because she's my better half and if I wake her up I'll get extra rewards. She said not to touch her so I woke her up with the soft rose petals. But she didn't even bother to offer her fahr salah. Ya Allah doesn't she practise offering salah regularly? Astagfirullah I can't judge may be she doesn't have to offer these days.

After offering ishrakh salah I went to check on Ayesha and she was still sleeping. I was feeling sleepy but I had to make breakfast because her Abbu told that she doesn't cook. I made aloo ka paratha and chilli chatni. Since I live alone I have learned enough to cook. I again went to check whether Ayesha was awake but she was still sleeping in my comfy bed. How much does she loves sleeping? Our prophet (PBUH) awoke at night and prayed for his ummah untill his ankle swelled. In return, his ummah now sleeps until their eyes swell. I have to change her habit of sleeping till late morning. I finally knocked on the door with the breakfast and and saw she was already awake alhamdulillah. A little later she appeared after taking a bath with her wet hairs and threw the towel in the bed. Ugh I don't like things scattered. We ate in silence and my ringtone broke the silence which made Ayesha grasp because of my meowing ring tone. I controlled my laugh and smiled. Her touch makes me tingle a little. And then the call departed me from my lovely childish wife.