Chapter 34

"Keep your thoughts cleaner than pure water. As water drops make a river, thoughts make character and faith."

__________

Ayesha's POV

Today it was the same schedule as it is everyday. Ahmad woke me up for fajr and asked me to stay awake until he comes back from masjid but me being me couldn't control my beauty sleep and slept after offering my salah. Everything went same and now it was evening time and we were getting ready for our beloved best friend's waleema. Ahmad hurried us to get ready because he knows we girls never leave an opportunity for boys to be on time and Ahmad is quite a punctual type guy.

"Bhabhi I was thinking you can wear niqab because then your face will be hidden and you can apply some make up." Shirana said to me while offering me a piece of niqab.

"Umm but I don't think I will be able to... "

" You will be able to bhabhi. Really its worth wearing, just try once and you will know the beauty of niqab. It feels so secure and comfortable that no non mehram will be able to gaze at you. Niqab serves as a bodyguard against the gaze of those evil eyes. You have to try please, just once." Shirana and Ahmad looked at me with puppy dog eyes and for a second I felt like I am living with puppies rather than humans.

"Okay." I said with a smile and both of them jumped in excitement.

"Woah puppies calm down. If I feel uncomfortable then i'll take it off." I said and they nodded.

Shirana insisted me to help with the make up so I gave her the opportunity.

"You know I applied some kohl and eye liner but I am not sure of revealing my eyes so I will cover my eyes too but its okay you can start with niqab. You don't need to rush." Shirana said and soon we got ready wearing our abayas and niqabs.

Ahmad kept on glaring at me during the whole ride and on asking what was wrong he told me that he was making sure that it was me behind the veil. Poor Ahmad, his eyes are still not sure that I was actually wearing the niqab.

We reached our destination soon and departed according to our place. Ahmad turned to the mens section while we kept on moving because the girls section was a little far away.

"Bhabhi I think I should better take out the gifts now." Shirana said showing me the car keys.

"I'll be back in two minutes." Shirana said before I could speak and went to the car parking area.

I was waiting for her going through the beautiful flowers of the garden. Suddenly someone greeted me out of no where and I greeted back. It was non other than my big bro Ahmish.

"How do you know I am here." I asked him.

"Ahmad just entered so I thought you would be on your way to the ladies section so I came running." He said panting with a huffed voice.

"And he told me about your niqab which made my day." He said with a wink.
I never thought by just wearing a piece of cloth would make my loved ones so happy. I could have practised niqab when they wanted me to but I didn't want to do something for the sake of people, I wanted to change for the sake of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Indeed those people initiated me but what I did was just for Allah.

"Actually Shirana initiated... "

"Thanks to Allah that your sister in law is not here." Ahmish bhai was talking to me and moving back to return to his section.

"She just makes faces although I don't even say anything to her." I could see Shirana coming towards us with loads of gifts.

"I hope I never meet her ever in my life."