Chapter 36

"No one to talk to at this hour? Pour your heart out to Allah subhana wa ta'ala."

_______

Ayesha's POV

"Aaaccchheewwww" Shirana sneezed again and uttered Alhamdulillah.

"Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you)." Replied Ahmad to her Alhamdulillah.

"Yahdeekum Allaahu wa yusliha baalakum (May Allaah guide you and correct your thinking)." Replied back Shirana to him.

This scenario has been up to since ten minutes since we gathered here to have breakfast. After throwing cold water at each other, we caught cold. While Ahmad was a strong one so he escaped the cold.

"Aacchhewww" I sneezed and was going to sneeze again but Ahmad interrupted in between. I hate it when I am about to sneeze and some evil person stops you from doing so.

"Say Alhamdulillah." Ahmad said in between.

"Urgh I was about sneeze again and you interrupted." I said to him in a displeased tone while wiping my nose with the handkerchief.

"Ha-ha you look so cute in that red nose." He said and I glared at him.

Shirana again sneezed and they were replying while I was busy in eating.

"Hey at least reply to her Alhamdulillah. It is incumbent on every Muslim to reply to his brother when he says Alhamdulillah after sneezing. It is reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any one of you sneezes, let him say 'Al-hamdu Lillaah,' and let his brother or his companion say, 'Yarhamuk Allaah.' And if he says to him, 'Yarhamuk Allaah,' let him say, 'Yahdeekum Allaahu wa yusliha baalakum (May Allaah guide you and correct your thinking).'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 10/502)."

"Sorry I didn't realise." I said and replied to her instantly.

"Do you know why we say Alhamdulillah when we sneeze? Sneezing brings a person the blessing of relief by releasing vapours that were trapped in the head which, if they were to remain there, would cause him pain and sickness. For this reason, Islam tells him to praise Allaah for this blessing. So never forget to thank Allah for this. Islam teaches us to thank Allah no matter where we are heading to, there's always something better in it and it also teaches us to often make dua for each other." Ahmad said and we had a discussion for a while.

Ahmad was getting ready for hospital while I was stretching my body to sleep. Poor doctor's don't get the chance of holidays often.

"Ouch." Ahmad almost tripped because of my sandal scattered here and there.

"Ayesha why don't you keep things at place?" Ahmad said while keeping them aside and I just kept quiet.

"On the authority of Abu Huraira who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him said), "Every small bone of everyone has upon it a charitable act for everyday upon which the sun rises. Bringing about justice between two is an act of charity. Helping a man get on his mount, lifting him onto it or helping him put his belongings onto it, is a charitable act. A good word is a charitable act. Every step you take toward the prayer is a charitable act. And removing a harmful thing from the path is a charitable act." (Recorded in al-Bukhari and Muslim). You remember my Abbu and your dadu were removing a branch of thorns from the road? They were doing an act of charity. And removing harmful things from road is not the only one. You will many opportunities to give your charity. Like you sandals, if you see them scattered which has such a pointed heel then you should remove them from the path which will harm people, If you see water spilled in the ground with tiles and may be someone will slip because of it then you should wipe it, if you see a chair or stool kept in between the way and someone may get hurt then you should remove it and keep them in right place. Even if you are in home, you can get the rewards of charity easily. You often must have seen your mother keeping things at place, may they get immensely rewarded for it." Ahmad said and went on for getting ready.