Chapter 23

"You cannot get closer to Allah if the only time you remember him is when you're reading Islamic posts on social media."

_____

Ahmad's POV

As my eyes flew open from the intense sleep, I smiled remembering the last night. That girl is so crazy, her endless talks, her stupid remarks will eventually make me fall in love with her more.

Snowy was sleeping beside me under my blanket and woke up stretching her body.

"Hey snow." I said while petting her and she started purring.

After gazing at the watch I hurried up to bath. It was around nine a.m. and it was Friday today. I was feeling so sleepy after fajr that I couldn't restrain myself from sleeping because I and Ayesha had long talk at night. She's is such a chatter box.

I took bath and straight away went to wake up miss sleeping beauty from her beauty sleep.

"Ayesha please wake up today is Friday and you have to go to Hana's house too." I said her for the third time.

"It's only nine thirty Ahmad. Wake me up at ten." She said in her sleepy voice.

"No Ayesha it's Friday today, you know it is considered as 'small eid'. Get up and complete the sunnah's of Friday. The Friday sunnah's are so small yet so rewardable." I informed her and she woke up yawning and tying her scattered hairs.

"Today is Friday? Hmm Jummah Mubarak." She uttered still in sleepy voice.

"Umm actually we should not wish 'Jummah Mubarak'." I said and she gave me a confused look.

"Why?" She asked scratching her hair in annoyance.

"You remember I talked about bid'ah yesterday? Well indeed Friday is a very important day for Muslims yet we aren't allowed to wish that because it is an innovation. Our prophet (PBUH) said that every newly invented thing is the worst of things! And saying Jummah Mubarak to people is something which is newly invented. It was never known during the time of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). Had it been something good to wish Jummah Mubarak, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) would have had done it himself. The fact is that there is not even a single report narrated in the whole of the Sunnah which says that Prophet or his Sahabas wishes each other Jummah Mubarak. Then how come can we do something which was not even done by the Prophet or the Sahabas himself? And he (PBUH) narrated 'Every newly-invented thing is a bid'ah (innovation), every bid'ah is going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire.' (al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan)" I told her and she was listening to me attentively.

"Oh my Allah I never knew that." She said with a regret in her eyes.

"No problem now you know is that all matters. Now come on hurry up and take a shower. I'll come in a while with breakfast." I said to her and went to the kitchen.

The breakfast was ready till ten O' clock and so was Ayesha. I went to call her from the room and there she was drying her wet long hairs. We went to the dining hall for breakfast.

"You really don't have the habit of saying Bismillah before eating." Ayesha said to me and I scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah actually I was not into deen and wasn't brought up like that and so I don't have the habit of it." I said to her and she smiled.

"I was always told to say Bismillah by my Grandpa and so I am in a habbit to say. Don't worry I'll remind you of it." She said while eating with a smile.
Who would say that this is the same Ayesha a week ago?

"Jazakillahu khairan for that." I thanked her.

"I don't have miswak plus I don't like it." She said folding her hands on her chest.