Chapter 25

"The shortest distance between a problem and it's solution is the distance between is your knees and the floor."

_____

Ahmad's POV

I was on my way to Hana's home as it was too late and Ayesha didn't even bother to inform me the timing to pick her up. I was about to call Ayesha and soon realised that I forgot my cell phone on Hammad's house. How can I forget that he snatched my mobile from my hand because o was going to inform Hana about his blush. I smirked while thinking about them. I quickly went back to his house and rang the doorbell. We greeted each other again.

"Hey why has your face turned into a tomato?" I asked him because he looked different.

"Here is your mobile." He said ignoring my words.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"As if you don't know." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Woah I really don't know, what is it?" I asked curiously and he narrated me the incident.

"Hahahaha You called her sister." I said and we broke into fits of laughter.

Later I went to Hana's home for dinner and had delicious biryani. To meet Hana's family was really honourable and the best part was Rida. She was really sweet and was every time like 'jiju you totally changed Ayesha Appi' and I laughed at her remark because this was the starting and the real change was yet to come. Before leaving their house I gave them a vote of thanks and we left for our house.

After reaching home we departed to our rooms. Before sleeping I had to read Quran so I settled on my bed and read Surah Sajda. While I was going through Surah Mulk Ayesha peeked from behind the door and I signalled her to come in.

"What are you reading?" She inquired while sitting beside and me tugging her legs under the blanket because it was pretty cold today.

"Nothing just finished reading Surah Mulk." I said after finishing the Surah.

There was a pause while I was busy in keeping the Quran on the shelf.

"So." I said.

"So what?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Today was really fun while teasing our best friends. Isn't it?" I asked as their was nothing to talk.

"Yeah I enjoyed a lot." She said with the brightest smile.

There was again silence for a few minutes and suddenly I remembered something I wanted to ask her from a very long time.

"You really loved your grandfather. Isn't it?" I asked her.

"How do you know that?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
Oops.

"Today you told about him while we were reading Surah Al Kahf." I said crossing my fingers.

"I never told that I loved him a lot." She said with a raised eyebrow.

Come on I could see that in your eyes." I said making an excuse.

"Ohh really? My eyes are that readable?" She said.
Thanks to Allah I am saved from her never ending questions.

"Yeah I can read your eyes." I said with a wink and she blushed.
Wait did she just blush?

"Well yeah I loved my grandfather more than anyone. I was close to him even more than my parents. From my childhood till the day he was alive I was only dependent on him. He always use to guide me towards islam and I always use to go masjid with him and we always read Quran together. He was the one who boosted me in the way of Islam. Everything was going well and one day my whole life came crashing down. I was in college and when I came home I saw my house over crowded with people. Everyone was there and I ran towards his room where people were mostly crowded and saw him on his death bed. It was so sudden I couldn't accept the truth, I couldn't accept that he was gone, he was gone so far that I wouldn't meet him anymore, he was gone so far that he will never come back. I was devastated for a week, neither did I spoke to anyone nor did I eat during that week. He had a heart attack and that just one attack took my whole world from me. Abbu has a heart problem and Ahmad I am afraid, I am afraid that I'll loose him too suddenly like I lost Dada. Ahmad please tell me he won't lea..ve m..mee.." Ayesha said and her voice just broke in between. She was sobbing badly with her deepest pain. I know how close she was with her grandfather.