Chapter 21

"Never live trying to impress people. People will always find something negative in your action. Sometimes even with your smile."

_____

Ahmad's POV

It was a bright morning and I was sitting on my prayer mat after offering my ishrakh salah. I recalled my sins, the sins which were the part of my daily life until that day. If we forget a sin that doesn't mean Allah forgot that too, that doesn't mean he forgave you. The only thing we can do is to weep over that sin and ask for forgiveness and thank Allah to let us walk on the right path.

I hurried to pick up my things as soon as possible because first I had to drop Ayesha and then I'll be leaving for hospital. There was a knock on the door of my room.

"Come in." I was not in a shock would be an understatement. I checked the time twice and it was the first time that Ayesha was on time. Strange.

"Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu." She said while opening the door.
I greeted her back and she came towards me with a rose.
Woah is something special today?

"Has the sun risen from the opposite side today?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Why?" She asked with a confused look.

"Because you are on time today." I said with a smirk pointing my wrist watch with my finger.

"Bad joke." She said while lightly beating the rose against me with a smile.

"Ouch! You hurt the poor flower. By the way what is the occasion may I know?" I asked curiously because she looked happy. What was I missing?

"Happy birthday." She extended her hand, the one with the rose towards me.
Wait what? It's my birthday today? Oh my Allah It was my birthday today. How could I forget that? I rechecked the calendar on the nearby table and it was really my birthday today.

"How do you know that?" I asked in a huff.

"Why are you acting like you didn't know it was your birthday today?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and a confused look.

"Ayesha just tell me." I said in annoyance and her eyes were staring me with a disgusted look.

"By Facebook." She answered forwarding her mobile.

"Ohh no I forgot." Was all I said and opened my lappy to correct the things which were wrong.

"What's wrong Ahmad." Ayesha asked in a worried tone.

"Umm nothing much to worry, I'll tell you in a while." I said while focussing on the screen of my Facebook account.
I could see her nodding from the corner of my eyes. I quickly deactivated my account and closed my lappy with a sigh of relief.

"Shall we proceed? It's getting late." She said while gazing at her wrist watch.

"What was that about?" She said while we were making our way out of the house.

"I don't celebrate birthdays." I said plainly with a smile while opening the door of the passenger seat for her.

"Why?" Her eyes grew wider and I insisted her to sit while I ran to take the driver's seat.

"Because our islam doesn't teach us to celebrate that." I said while starting the engine and driving the car out of the main gate.

"Who told you that?" She asked in a disbelief.

"Did our prophet ever celebrate it or do you find any hadith claiming it?" I asked her and she was in a deep thought.

"I don't know." She said confusingly.