Chapter 20

"The best revenge is to treat them better than they treated you, to let your good manners silence them; because you are a better person, because you are doing this for Allah."

_____

Ayesha's POV

I know his heart must be hurting because of his decision to divorce me but it's not in my hands. I cannot force myself to love someone. I cannot force myself to live with someone whom I don't love. I love someone else and I need him in my life. He loves me but who has ensured that there always be a two sided love. I am lucky to have that two sided love in my life. Ahmad narrated me the story that how he fell in love with me but I know there was something much more than he's expressing. I didn't force him because he was acting all stubborn and I didn't care much so I decided to let it go. My main aim is to be with Hazal and hopefully Ahmad is so understanding that he is ready to divorce me. Unfortunately I have to wait for two months to be with Hazal but the wait will be worth it and Hazal is too busy to talk because of his new job so I had no problem with that. Now I was shaking hand with Ahmad on the acceptance of the contract. I had my conditions too, does he think he's the only one who can set up the conditions? Well then he's pretty wrong. He was waiting patiently for me to speak.

"Umm so my first condition is that before I break my contact with Hazal, I need to inform him about our contract. I'll speak to him through phone." I said while he was in deep thought.

"Done but I'll be eavesdropping. What's next?" He asked curiously tapping his leg.
I just had to inform Hazal so his eavesdropping doesn't matter.

"This one is tough, I hope you don't break the contract." I said while furrowing my eyebrows and he indicated me to go on.

"I want chocolates on a daily basis." I said with a smirk and Ahmad's face showed a sigh of relief.

"You scared me Ayesha. By the way you shouldn't eat so much chocolate." He said giving me a doctor's lecture.

"I don't care about it. Do you want me to breach the contract?" I said in defensively.

"Okay madam your chocolate will on your hand before you even ask." He said with a smile.

He indicated something from his eye while scratching his head back which I couldn't get.

"Speak up." I said sternly as it was irritating me.

"You are still catching my hand." He said with a slight blush and a smile.
What? How did I forget? Ugh.I left his warm hand immediately.

"Umm sorry I didn't notice that." I said to him with a redness building up my cheek. Did I just blush? No way. There was an awkward silence between us.

"Won't you have your lunch today?" I asked him breaking the awkward silence between us.

"No I am fasting today." He said while his phone beeped.
When did this happen? Poor him, I was eating all the time in front of him and he did not even say a word.

"Why are you fasting? Is there some special occasion?" I asked him while he was busy in his mobile.

"Usaamah (RA) said "I saw the prophet (PBUH) fasting in Mondays and Thursdays, so I asked him about it and he and he said 'The deeds are presented to Allah on Mondays and Thursdays, so I like that my deeds are lifted while I am fasting" [An Nasaa'i and Abu Daadoor]." He informed me about the hadith which made me speechless.

He started walking towards the main door still engraved in his mobile. Where is he going now?

"I have an important work, I'll be back till maghrib." He shouted back before leaving the house.