Chapter 27

"Every morning Allah gives you a chance to change, a chance to be different, a chance to be better and most of all a chance to start over." (Don't let your chance go because on that day you will have nothing except regret, grab onto that chance before the Malak Am-Maut takes back your chance)

______

Ahmad's POV

I was almost about to miss my tahajjud today as well as vitr because we were awake late at night and this uncomfortable couch deprived me to sleep, but all thanks to my wonderful phone which gave me a series of alarm to overcome shaytan's whisper over me which was restraining me to wake up. I hurriedly offered my salah and went to wake up Shirana as it was almost time for fajr. I knocked at the door and entered the room, which I had used almost a month. Shirana was sitting with the Quran I gifted her with the biggest smile and we greeted each other.

"So you didn't change even in their company?" I said and she sighed.

"No, do you think I would?" She said closing the Quran and keeping it aside.

"Not at all after all you are my sister." I winked at her.

"Where's bhabhi?" She asked with a smirk.

"Umm She's sleeping."

"Ohh so the night was reaaaaaallllllyyyy long I guess." She teased me with a wink to which I blushed.

"Don't worry my time will come soon." I said to her with my tongue out.

"By the way did you confess to bhabhi about my past? Our past?" She asked waiting for an answer impatiently.

"No, it isn't the time to tell her the truth. She was already disturbed when I told her about the hajj stampede so I thought I'll tell her later about that, after all it is a past which can change her all perspective towards me."

"Hmm but you should have told her earlier. You did not even tell Asif about it." She said with a sigh.

"I told their father and that's the best I could do." I told her and then the adhaan started to which we gave answers and I departed to leave for masjid.

I came back from masjid and saw Ayesha sleeping soundly on the bed. So she slept and didn't even bother to think what I said to her last night. I so wish to see her pray, wrapped in a hijab while sitting on the prayer mat with her little innocent face but I cannot force her to do that after all she's a grown up, all I can do is to pray for her hidayah.

I tip toed to Shirana's room becuase I had left my Quran there, which Shirana had gifted me. Shirana was not there in the room so I read Surah yaseen in her room.

"Breakfast is ready." Shirana came with a tray full of food.

I gestured her to wait as my Surah was still left to be completed. Shirana sat in front of me with the tray and I closed the Quran after finishing.

"It's been so long we had eaten together." I said rubbing my hands and making my way to washroom for washing my both hands as per sunnah.
The tray had methi ka paratha with chilli chatni and two cups of tea.

Later Shirana went to her friend's house for her left out college work and I went to meet Hammad for some work while Ayesha was still asleep as it was a public holiday today.

I came back after offering my duhr salah and saw someone sitting on the prayer mat. Was it Shirana? Oh my Allah it was Ayesha. It was my Ayesha offering salah? Okay not mine but still mine. A small smile crept at the side of my lips and I ran a hand through my hair. Ya Allah how much I wished to see her like this again. I stood on the edge of the door leaning my one shoulder on the wall and crossing my hands. After she finished her salah she raised her hands up to make dua. I could suddenly hear her sobs, why was she sobbing? I decided to wait till she finishes and her sobbing was increasing after every second. When she completed her dua I ran towards her and asked.