Chapter 40

"We owe so much more to Allah than just our rushed duas and insincere istigfar."

________

Ayesha's POV

Until yesterday I had no idea that our life would take a U-turn so suddenly and things would change like that. Shirana had an accident and her engagement was broken off, I got to know my in laws past and now my brother was almost engaged to my sister in law who he loved dearly. Indeed Allah alone holds the knowledge of the unseen.

I was on my way from Shirana's room to the waiting room to give Ahmish Bhai a good news. Until yesterday his heart was heavy because his love was someone else's but now alhamdulillah his
heart will throw off all its heavy feeling and in sha Allah so will of Shirana's. The poor girl has been through a lot in his life but now my family will in sha Allah give her all the love that she has deserved.

"How's she?" Ahmish Bhai jerked me as I entered the room lost in my thoughts.

"Alhamdulillah she's doing better and Ahmad asked her about your proposal." I said smiling.

"So?"

"So what? Bring me some chocolates." I said demanding.

"Ayesha don't test my patience." He said grumpily.

"Woah do you even have patience. First say sorry to me" I said remembering my all revenge.

"Why should I say sorry?" He said folding his hands over his chest.

"For all the mistakes you have done in your life." I said pressing my lips against laughing.

"What mistake did I do?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Are u saying it or should I leave." I said blackmailing him.

"Okay wait. Sorry." He said cutely and I laughed at him failing to suppress my laughter.

"Why are you laughing now?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's almost a yes from her." I said and he took a minute to intake her yes.

"Almost means?" He asked confusingly.

"She needs to do ishtikhara which you have already done." I informed him.

"Hmm let me tell ammi and Abbu." He said and went away to call.

After some time Ahmad came back with a sad look.

"What happened?" I asked in concern.

"Umm Ahmish sorry bro but it's a no from her." He said looking at Ahmish Bhai.

"Why?" We both spoke at the same time, each one uttering in a shock tone.

"Because of TBI injury her muscles are affected which carries message to the legs and so she's suffering from paralysis. Although her paralysis is occasional but don't know until when it will last and when will it occasionally appear." Ahmad said being sorry.

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. I am so sorry to hear that but she said no just because she had paralysis?" Ahmish Bhai said exaggerating the word paralysis.

"Yes it's her decision and I wouldn't say anything coz she has all the rights to deny plus she cannot be a burden on you people." Ahmad said it so easily but I know the pain behind his words.

"That's really not a satisfactory answer. I have prayed ishtikhara and it came out to be positive. Why does she think that she will be a burden to me?" Ahmish Bhai said.

"Because she's now deprived of walking. It's a big thing that she cannot walk and you are not thinking about the future. Please think with your open mind." Ahmad uttered turning his back to him.