Chapter 43

"The reason why Allah allowed him to walk away is because you prayed for a good man and he wasn't it."

_______

Ahmad's POV

That one weak without Ayesha just made me uneasy, I had developed a feeling for her which wasn't earlier, I was attached to her now as I wasn't attached earlier. Was I doing good to my soul? Does attachment to a person hurts at the last? I know I was doing wrong by giving my heart to someone else other than Allah but no matter how much I tried to secure my heart from her and yet she took away my heart giving me a sense to break it in future. I was helpless for my heart and she was habitual of breaking it.

The only thing which made me happy those days was the love of Ahmish towards Shirana. He didn't leave her a second, and was always by his side helping her in everything. He would dare her to finish all her food, he would take her to do wudhu, he would even comb her hair excusing the nurse from her. Sometimes I would just stand and see their love for each other and my lips wouldn't stop from smiling. The way he takes care of her and the way she blushes in his presence was the mark of love and I asked Allah to increase the love between them, because the real test will be when she wouldn't be able to walk on her own and he would have to be her leg.

"Ready to go back to your home?" I asked the moment I saw her. The house without her was just an apartment.
She nodded and went away from me and I followed.
Why do I see changes in her behaviour within just a week?

Everyone was happy to welcome the wife of Ahmish, and I was more than happy to give my sister's hand to such a great family. Shirana and Ahmish had their cake cut and we just had a small party within our family.

"Ahmish we have switched your room with us as shirana wouldn't be able to always climb upstairs." Ammi uttered sitting next to Shirana while Ahmish was about to take bag upstairs.

"Why ammi? We will adjust upstairs, don't worry about us." Ahmish replied in defence.

"Shut up, it's for my daughter in law." Ammi said shutting up Ahmish.

"But Ammi you will have problems because of me and I won't like it." Shirana said.

"Why will I have problem? Ahmad do I look like an old lady?" Ammi asked looking at me.

"No Ammi are you kidding me? You look younger than your own daughter." I said jokingly and everyone laughed but Ayesha's reaction was something different than usual.

"But Ammi by giving your room to your daughter in law, you took my opportunity to pick up my wife on my arms." Ahmish joked and Shirana went red in front of everyone.
Who would say that she was on a verge to fight with Ahmish few days ago?

It was late so I asked Ayesha to get ready to leave and she went upstairs to her room. Ahmish and Shirana were tired so I told them to rest and so did I to Ammi and Abbu. Abdullah was giving me company sitting beside me. Suddenly mobile started ringing which was kept on the table which I supposed to be of Ayesha and so I picked it up. The call ended to be a missed call and I checked the caller ID which was named as 'hazal.'
Hazal?
Really?
No Ayesha cannot do that to me. Didn't she remember her promise? Is this the reason why she was behaving all weird today?
As I was still holding her mobile, a message dropped from hazal as "okay then looking forward to meet you soon."
The moment I saw that, I was full of rage. I couldn't control myself, may be I had not experienced such anger from years. I got up and told Abdullah that I am waiting for her in the car. I knew she would leave me one day but like this? By betraying my trust? I didn't expect this low of her.

After a while Abdullah brought her bag and she came with her mobile in her hand, of course how would she leave that. She said something which I didn't hear as I was so much angry.