Impending Luck

Chapter 13:

I walk into my apartment and I see Regina in the living room- watching a show she always watches with her ice cream. She looks up with her face stuffed-with cookies and cream- smiling at me.

"So how was work?" She asked.

I plop right on the couch next to her. "Regina its been... eventful."

"What do you mean?" She asked, sitting up.

"I think I almost kissed the CEO." I confessed to her, slightly blushing.

She chokes on her ice cream. "WHAT!"

I look down. "To be honest I really don't know, he wanted me to call him by his first name when we are alone and I refused because that is going to be bad business I think, and I don't know how it happened I just ended up in his arms and...."

I look up and she staring at me.

"Continue." She says looking eager for information.

"And so he started leaning in I didn't know what to do and it almost happened but this reception lady walked in." I finished.

"Well I think you like him."

"I don't even know the guy and besides he's my boss." I exclaim, she should be telling me to be more professional.

"Mhm okay Embre." She brushed me off, getting up to go into the kitchen and I followed after her. "It's been how many weeks?"

"I'm telling the truth!" I continued with my slight lie. It was a harmless crush that was manageable.

"Did you want him to kiss you?"

I freeze. "Regina." I whine, not wanting to answer her. She already knew what the answer was.

"Did you?" She pressed, putting the ice cream away before turning to face me.

"Fine! I think I did." But I quickly follow up with, "But he's my boss isn't it suppose to be professional?"

"Not if he doesn't want it to be."

"But what if I want it to be?"

"Then tough shit."

"That's sexual harassment."

"Girl please." She scoffed. "We all know you want it and it's not like you can't kick him in his ass."

I roll my eyes at her, watching her walk out the room to go to hers and I do too, needing a good nights rest.

I gather all of my things needed be to take a shower, stepping into the cold water that soon turns warm I feel my tense muscles relax against the running water.

My daily night routine was finished and putting on my black t shirt and Nike shorts I was about to lay down for the night when I heard my phone buzz.. No one texts me so I grab my phone in confusion.

That's weird.  I pick up to read a message by in unknown number:

you really should put a password on your phone~Landon. 

How did he get my phone number? Then I remember; that slick bastard.

I text back.

Well I didn't think I would lose my phone or better yet someone leaving their number in my phone.

I wait a few minutes and then my phone buzzes.

Landon:

Hmm I don't think I know anyone who would do such a thing.