A Night to Remember

Chapter 21:

"So where are we going?" I ask, the curiosity getting the best of me.

"Its a surprise."

"I just love surprises." I say sarcastically, looking out the window.

"Good." He rebutted back with his own sarcasm.

I look back at him. "You know I was kidding right?"

"I know, I just wanted to tease you just a little bit longer."

"You're a jerk."

"I know."

"Really? I don't think anyone has told you that before."

"Oh trust me, I know what people think of me, I just don't care." He shrugged. "One opinion shouldn't stop you from conquering."

I can agree to that.

"What do you think of me?" He backtracked what he just said.

"My opinion shouldn't matter."

"It does if I'm taking you out on a date, I would like to know how you feel."

Before I could utter a word we were interrupted. "Sir, we'll be arriving in five to ten minutes."

"Thanks Anthony." He slide from his seat to press a button that automatically rolled the divider up, separating us from the driver. "So you were saying."

"Um, uh your nice?" It sounded more of a question.

"That's it?"

"I think so." I'm not very creative when I'm nervous.

"I don't think so."

"Think what you want." I shrugged.

"Are you sure?"

"You seem to enjoy this a little too much." I say to him, pinching my fingers together, explaining what I mean.

"Enjoy what?" He placed his hand on my bare thigh, curse this slit.

"Being this close." I whispered into the space we had  my other thought disappearing into the night.

"I guess you can say that." We were physically attracted to each other but what about mentally? That's what mattered to me.

I take in my surroundings to see I was in the middle of a dock with a body of water around us. "Landon?" I ask before pointing.

"Yes?"

"Where are we?"

Anthony was soon out of the car opening my door and I stepped out before my mind raced. This wasn't going to be a murder scene was it? I'm too young..

He holds out his hand for me to take and I cautiously take it. "Come, I'm taking you on my private yacht."

Oh?

"I thought I was going to be killed and shipped off." I joked but he didn't look all to amused by it.

Moving towards the gigantic yacht, he gave me a little nudge for me to go in front of me to step on so he could help me. "I might fall." I commented, seeing a little space of the water and the yacht not quite getting along.

Placing both hands on my waist, he hoisted me up and I grabbed the rail before taking the next few steps to get on board.

I already knew Landon was manly enough to get on by himself but he didn't get my attention just yet as I looked around. There were lights set up around the yacht and that was the first thing anybody would have noticed. It was directed with all sorts of flowers and my eyes fell on the lily.