First For Everything

Chapter 29:

"I missed you!" The girl exclaimed, her arms tightening around his neck.

This is a little awkward.

And seeing him hugging her back made me feel out of place. Clearing my throat, their heads turned in my direction. "Oh who's this?" She asked and she made no move to release Landon.

"That's Embre."

She brings her mouth near his ear and she whispers something and he gives a slight nod and she moved around him walk towards me. "Hi, I'm Lilly." She pulls me into a hug.

I stood in place with my hands going up to her back but I didn't wrap my arms around her. I wasn't quite sure of what to make of this, I look at Landon to see him shaking his head. "I'm Embre." I answered back carefully.

"Oh I know, that's such a nice name!" She pulled away only to hold onto my arms.

"Thanks?" I say back, more of a question, her personality was something I wasn't quite use to.

"Oh this must be awkward," She pressed one of hands to her forehead.  "I'm Landon's sister." Everything clicks right away after she says that.

They both have hazel eyes and brown hair and to make it better their names start with in 'L'.

"Its nice to meet you, I wouldn't looked more decent if I would have known you were coming," I smiled before looking over to Landon in questioning.

"In my defense I didn't know she was coming." He raised his hands already on the defense.

Lilly then looks between us two and then her eyes seem to light up. "Are you two dating?"

My eyes widen and I look to her and to Landon again and he just stares like he wanted me to answer the question. Looking back to Lilly, I gave a shrug of my shoulders. "I mean I guess we are?" I answered, slightly confused I didn't want to say the wrong answer. I see him making his way towards us, and he stands next to me.

"We are," He confirms his sister suspiciousness.

"Wow that's great news! I wonder why you didn't tell me?" She slightly glared at her brother.

It was his turn to shrug his shoulders. "I told you about her, but you didn't ask for me to elaborate." She rolled her eyes at him.

So he told her about me?

"So anyways, are you going to the event?"

"You know I always go."

"I'm just checking." Then it seemed as if an idea popped into her head. "You know you can bring a plus one.. so are you going?"

I look up at Landon.

"Yes, I asked her to attend with me," He confirms. Her eyes seemed to have brightened even more.

"Great." She clapped her heads together and as if my stomach was listening, it growled on cue.

"Well.." I couldn't hide my embarrassment. "Are you guys hungry?"

"You cook?"

"Just a little."

"Well yeah, I can help you."

"Landon do you want to help?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows slightly. He fidgets clearly uncomfortable, and that tells me he never worked in the kitchen.

"Sure."

"Landon, you know you can't cook." Lilly reminded him, looking over to him like he had lost his mind.