Real Life

The Next Day

Chapter 46:

"Alright people, let's get down to business."

Currently I'm here against my will, sitting at Lilly's table with Ruby, Lena, Adaline, Marie and my mom staring at me like I was a sick puppy that needed to be cared for.

"It's only been a day since I told you, why are we planning right now?"

That earned me a glare from everyone, it almost happened in chronological order. "You know how long we've been waiting for this?" Lilly questioned, folding her arms across her chest and I lifted both of my shoulders.

"Well let me tell you, it's been a very long time since the Ancient Times, you two," She directed her attention to Regina and me. "Have changed my brothers, I'm surprised Liam is actually in a relationship."

"Stress is bad for the baby, you know." Marie commented seeing me sighing in defeat.

"And how would you know that?" I ask her, and she takes her phone out.

"It's called the internet." She flicked her phone back and forth.

"Okay so I was thinking orchids or maybe lilies or roses, how about a mixture." I heard the rest of them that weren't part of our conversation preach to each other in awe.

Hours passed and paper was getting ripped left and right as new idea came in and old ideas went out the window, and I tried to stay awake for it all but I felt myself drifting- I guess it was true that babies make you want to sleep all day- I woke up startled after hearing my name. "W-what?"

"Okay ladies." Lena came to my aid seeing how tired I was becoming and night time was soon approaching us. "You must be tired, it's getting late anyway, you should head home." She continued. "We'll pick up another time okay?"

"Okay sounds good." I stretched out. "Do you want me to take all of this?" I touched the stack of papers, it wasn't dense at all.

"If you want to, you probably want to go over everything."

"Yeah it's going to take a year or two." I joked but they were not having it as they all reached forward to take the papers away from me. "It was a joke." Retracting back they sighed in satisfaction.

"You better be at work tomorrow." Adaline commented after she was my last person to hug goodbye.

"I promise." Holding out my pinky finger and she launched hers onto mine.
••

As soon as I stepped into the house, I dashed upstairs-taking two at a time- and flopped onto my side cuddling the pillow.

"That bad?" Groaning I turned over to see the intruder.

Landon walked into the room and I turned my head back laying my face into the pillow. "It's only been a day." I groaned.

"It couldn't have been that bad baby." I felt the bed dip with his weight.

"I just don't want it to be rushed." I confessed to him, bringing my face away from the pillow.

"Well maybe their trying to rush it because you might leave..." The thoughts that weren't suppose to come out, slipped from his lips.

"Why would you think that?" I asked, reaching out for his hand.

He shrugged. "It's always a possibility that you would leave me." He looks down at our hands, his fingers caress were the ring is, but little does he know it's going to stay there, permanently.

"It is." I start and he snaps his head up at me, his eyes look hurt, but I quickly continue "But I wouldn't do that to you, I love you." I reassure him, hopefully.