Key for Jealousy

Chapter 27:

I wake up startled to say the least. I was met with darkness- the only source of light was from the window- but this wasn't how I went to sleep.

The feeling of silk and the coldness of sheets sweep against me as I shifted my weight, I was expecting the hard ground but it was just the opposite. That's weird.

Then all the memories come flowing back in, but I didn't remember moving from the couch. Hearing a low grunting sound from behind me, my eyes widen before I turned my head.

I wasn't by myself.

Rolling over to face him, he was fast asleep laying on his stomach. The moon shined on his face and I saw him hugging onto his pillow, one of his hands underneath while the other rested on top. I did however take note that his lips were slightly parted and his eyebrows creased in. 

Moving over to him, I placed my forefinger between them, trying to smooth it out and he turned peaceful under my touch.

But this wasn't the room he gave me. I knew it from the color of the room and to the fact that this bed was genuinely large, I bet at least four people could sleep on here.

I knew it was weird of me to stare at him but he was impossibly handsome and sometimes I questioned still why he would-

He stirred in his sleep before draping his arm around me, tugging me to him. "You're awake." He mumbled his voice husky from sleep.

"Yeah I'm awake." His eyes were still closed as far as I could see, but once being closer I could see that his eyes were indeed open. "Did I wake you?"

"Yeah." His voice made me weak at the knees. "Your perplexing stare woke me up."

"Really?"

"It's not everyday I feel someone eyeing me while I sleep, so yes." I rolled my eyes at him before trying to break out of his hold but he apologized. "Okay, I'm sorry."

"What time is it?" I ask, trying to turn my head to see if he had a alarm clock but sure enough it was on his side. Releasing his left arm from around me, he turned to see what time it was.

"4:30."

It was still late.. but it was early. "Okay." I asked another question. "And how exactly did I get up here?" He repositioned himself back around me before answering my question.

"I carried you up here."

"Why didn't you bring me to my new room?"

I felt the slight shrug in his shoulders. "The walking distance was too far."

"Excuses?" I asked running my hand down his arm and he seemed to enjoy that.

"Maybe." He mumbled as he pulled me closer to him, our fronts almost touched.

"You should get some sleep." I was now awake and I could find myself to my room on my own.

"Embre." He kissed the tip of my nose. "There's a reason why I didn't bring you to your room."

"Which is?" The moments I try to sound at least a little bit seductive it does not turn out that way, instead it just came off as a question.

"Take a guess." His lips moved from my nose to hovering over mine. Surprisingly his breath smelled minty, and that's when I realized I didn't brush my teeth before going to bed.

"You're scared of monsters?" I leaned back away from his advance, not because I wanted to but because of what his nostrils would have endured.

"Funny." But he didn't laugh. "Think a little bit harder." He hoisted my right leg around his mid section.