Emotions

*7 months later*

Chapter 38:

"So where are you going to meet her?" I asked him.

Today was the day he decided to confront- and hopefully succeed in talking- his biological mother and I was proud of him.

"I don't know exactly." He was clueless. "Maybe just in my office."

"That's not exactly sound proof." I warned him. "I don't want it to turn into a screaming match."

"You would know." He took his time looking at me up and down before standing up from his desk.

"No we are not doing that again." Putting my hand up to stop his advance. "We are at work."

"You didn't say that two days ago."

"Because you wouldn't stop-"

"I didn't stop what?" He urged me to continue and I closed my mouth shut.

"Whatever." I muttered before turning to walk out of his office.

"Wait." He stopped me and-with a huff- I turned back to face him.

He always wanted a goodbye kiss from me and it didn't bother me at all, his hand skimmed my neck twice before he let me go. "You had a little something.." He trailed off.

"What? Is the hickey still visible?" I asked, already paranoid. "I'll just make a trip to the-"

"No, it's fine." He interjected. "You put too much of that pink stuff or whatever you use."

"Or whatever I use?" I laughed. "It's okay, I would have been a little worried if you knew what it was called."

"Well for what you're applying." He drawled out. "You should know me better than that sweetheart."

"Oh I do." I smirked before turning away from his stunned face. "Get back to work."

"Yes boss."

Rolling my eyes, I left his office. "There you are!" I heard a male voice exclaim and I turned to look over my shoulder to see Seth.

"Seth? What are you doing here?" I exclaimed, going in for a hug, I don't know why I was feeling so giddy today.

He was shocked a little bit but it didn't seem to faze him, more like he appreciated it. "Nothing just wanted to run this by you." He handed me the file. "That's if you have time."

"I always have time, and besides it not like I don't deal with enough papers in a day."

"Thanks." He grinned before he was literally attacked from behind by Adaline, he was pushed forward into me and if it wasn't for my quick reflexes I would have fallen on my ass.

"Adaline what the hell?!" We both exclaimed at the same time.

"That's what you get." She pointed her finger at Seth. "Don't act like I didn't forget."

"Forget what?" My eyes flickered between them. "What's going on?"

"I may have.." He cleared his throat. "Okay, she had this cake- which was delicious by the way- and I thought-"

"He ate my food." She glared at him. "Hasn't anyone told you not to mess with a girls food?"

"No I only have a little sister who's an aspiring model and she's built like the size of that wall." He pointed to the semi thin wall. "And she doesn't eat much so I wouldn't know."

"I'll never understand that." I chimed in to lighten the mood.

"What?"

"Size shouldn't matter, if a BBW wants to walk the runway, she should be allowed to. And it's the 21st century for crying out loud. Just like Tyra Banks did."