Search Of My Life

Chapter 42:

Landon POV:

When Embre's Dad asked to speak to me, I've never felt my hands fill up with sweat like I just had gotten done boxing, but it did.

I even called him Sir.

"Sit please." Well that's a good start.. I think.

Taking a seat right across from Embre's Dad and I tried to remain eye contact with him but it's becoming harder by the second as he sized me up.

"So you love my daughter?" He questioned, rubbing his hands together and I could almost hear the faint sounds of his knuckles cracking and I sit up straighter.

"Yes I do." Hitting the nail right on the head.

"Where did you meet my daughter?" He asked and I remember that very day when I spotted her, she seemed so out of place and when her eyes connected with mine I was instantly drawn to her. So when she literally ran out, I knew I had to see her again. And I found out that way was for me to hire people and there she was.

But it was in a club.. my Club.

"Well to be honest, a club." I knew that caught his attention. "But I didn't seek her out in the way you think, yes I meet her in my Club-"

"That makes it better." His voice was laced with sacarsm.

"No, she expressed to me that she needed a job.. before she ran out on me of course."

"She ran?"

"Yes sir."

"That's my girl." He gloated. "Continue."

"Well, I found myself caring.. which was a first. And I knew the only way I could find her again was to say that I was hiring people and I needed a new assistant anyway."

"So you fired your last one." He said it more as a statement.

"No."

Yes.

He gave me a pointed look and I sighed in defeat. "Yes I did, but if it helps I have her the job as an assistant." We both shared a laugh at my selfishness.

"You my friend are ruthless." He commented.

The air seemed to loosen up around us and I was satisfied to know the aroma was calming. "When I met your daughter is when she walked into my office and I saw her again." I sat back. "When I saw her at the Club she looked sort of..out of place. Like she didn't mingle well with others and when I introduced myself, it was almost like a act to seem like she belonged, but when I saw her again I met the real her."

I seemed to have snapped out of my daze as I came back to reality of who I was speaking to. "That's real sweet son.. but she's pregnant." And just like that the air filled with tension.

"I was going to ask you a very important question sir." And this time he raises both of his eyebrows, leaning forward. Before I could even release a word..

"You want to marry her." He already knew my question."Love is a strange thing isn't it?" He asked before sitting back and crossing his foot over the other.

"Well I've only fell for one person."

"Oh boy, I wish I could say the same." He sighed, shaking his head as if trying to get rid of a memory gone bad. "Looks like I made the right choice." His eyes shifted to the door we had came from and I could tell he was referring to his wife.