Finding Reactions

Chapter 40:

Landon POV:

"Landon! Could you come here for a second?" I heard Embre call out to me and placing the remote down after pausing the tv, I went to go see what she wanted.

"Yes?" I asked, seeing her sitting on the bed with her legs crossed in nothing in my t shirt and I grinned seeing her with a faint smile lingering on her face.

"I got you something." She grinned before pulling a long narrow red box from behind her back.

"For me?" I walked over to her before sitting on the edge with my left knee bent. "We're getting each other gifts now?"

"Yeah, I hope you like this one. It was kind of last minute unlike your birthday gift."

"Alright." I tried to guess what it is. "It's not a necklace right?"

"And if it was." She teased with a wiggle of her head towards me.

"Then I would say thank you." I chuckled before lifting up the box. "What's this?"

Placing the top lid down on the bed, I turned the box to the side to see a stick with a cap, reading the only word that was on it, my eyes widen before looking back up at her. "Wait.. you're pregnant?"

"Yeah." She sounded happy about it and I realized that's what she was smiling about.

"Holy shit.." I looked back down at the stick. "You peed on this?"

"Well I kind of had to." She trailed off and when I looked back up, she was looking at me like she was trying to read my reaction correctly.

"So my baby is having my baby." I grinned before sitting the box down. "We're going to be parents." I didn't mean to jump her but I couldn't contain my joy. She squealed after wrapping her arms around me and together we both rejoiced.

"But when did-"

"Almost three weeks ago."

"Three weeks ago.. three weeks ago." I tried to remember then it clicked. "Oh, I apologize."

"Yeah you couldn't contain yourself so this is what happened."

"In my defense I did use a condom, it just didn't work out well."

"There only 97% effective."

"So the only three had other plans."

"So you're not mad?" She asked curiously.

"Why would I be? What did you think I was going to say?"

"That we're too young, and you don't like babies." She sheepishly said, trying to hide herself into me so I wouldn't see her blushing face.

"It's not like we don't have money to take care of him or her, we're set. And for babies, I love them. I just haven't been around them and quite frankly I don't know if I would be a great father."

"Why?" She came out from hiding. "I don't think I would be a good mother either."

"Oh hush." I pecked her nose. "You're too sweet not to be a mother and you're gentle, kind and selfless and you love easy that's how you fell in love with me and me on the other hand I'm the opposite."

"I don't think so." She chimed in, pushing me on my back to straddle me. "You described yourself as well, I think you'll be a excellent father. Just no cursing."

"Yeah I wouldn't want her to have my mouth."

"Her?"

"I have a feeling it's a girl."