Mine

Chapter 28:

Deciding to face the music, I walked into his office before shutting the door already knowing the protocol for me being in here.

I peek my head in to see him sitting at his desk and I closed the door before walking over to him. "You wanted to see me?"

"Why are you late?" He asked me, he was sitting on the edge of his desk and I really didn't like how calm the atmosphere felt. What was he going on about?

"I'm not, I came here with you." Obviously.

"Really? Because when I entered the building I was on time."

"Are we really going to do this right now?" I really didn't want to argue and I wasn't good at it either. "Why are you being petty minded."

"That wasn't you on in elevator talking to one of your coworkers?" He connected the top of his fist with the palm on his left hand before he snapped pointing to me. "No one of my employees?"

"You mean Seth?" I asked, pointing my thumb back to the door.

He dipped his head down and I could visibly see that he was laughing to himself before he settled. "So you two are on first base now? You already know his name?"

I glare at him. "He's a friend." That was a lie, we could be, but he didn't know that.

"Sure." He scoffed. "Last time I checked 'friends' don't flirt with each other."

And last time I checked we didn't have a label.

I then look to the door, wanting to leave. "So what? What if he did? It's not like I'm interested in him." I watched him cross his arms. "Why do you care?" I ask him, curiosity getting the better of me. I found myself always having a double meaning behind my words.

At my words his arms dropped and he stood up.
"Why do I care?" He asked me, his tone laced with angry, and he held the same curiosity that I had.

Every step he took towards me, I took one back. I honestly didn't like him like this but once seeing my facial expression that I looked frightened, he stopped. "Why do I care?" He asked again gruffly, but I feel like he was not talking to me, more to himself.

"I have to go." I turned to leave but before I could open the door an inch it was slammed shut, the noise echoed throughout the room. "Landon-" Turning back to face him, I couldn't even utter out a single word before his lips came crashing down on mine.

He kisses me hard, almost brutally as he pressed me closer to the door with his hips and I sighed against him trying to keep up. I couldn't function around him. Just like he couldn't with me. Bringing both of my hands up to push him away from me, he stopped me by wrapping both of his hands around my wrist bringing them above my head. My body betrayed me as my back arches off the door to press our fronts together and he responded back just as fast.

It didn't matter to me how quickly our undiscussed relationship was going, he was the first person that actually made me feel something and it scared the shit out of me.

It grew scorching hot in the room, almost like the sun was directed on our skin as we both kept the same pace, once realizing that I wasn't hesitant anymore he released my arms and they fell around his neck and into his hair. His lips released mine, only to take my bottom between his teeth, I shook my head once not wanting to be teased and our tongues danced in harmony.

Right now we were suppose to be working, answering calls.. but I didn't care anymore, they could wait.

We heard a faint knock on the door and my eyes widened before pushing him away from me. "Mr. Hale is everything okay? I heard banging."