To Forever

Chapter 43:

Stepping into the house, I close the door turning around. Squinting into the pitch black the only light is from the windows, it's going to be dark soon because of the time change.

"Hello?" I call out, as I continue to walk into the house, I was surprised to see the house was decorated, there were rose petals on the floor with candles beside it, guiding me.

The furniture in the living room was pushed back just a smig and there he was standing tall and nervous. He had on a suit of course, but this time it was black, and for the first time in awhile he had his hair done and he had a grin on his face. "Miss me? His hazel eyes twinkled at me and I walked over to him.

"And what is all of this?" I gestured to the beautiful decorations.

"You look beautiful." He breathed out before he took a step back away from me, I felt his eyes trailing over me.

"What are you doing?"

"Doing what?"

"The candles, the roses, the letters." I start to list. "The plane..." I trail off and he tilts his head to side and he flashed me his million dollar smile and I pushed at his chest before he chuckled.

"I can't be romantic?"

"N-no you can its just-" I stutter out but he stopped my embarrassment.

"I was kidding."

"Oh..." I lightly bounced on my toes. "So.."

"So." He cleared his throat. "I have something to ask you." His demeanor changed back to him looking nervous and his eyes flickered between mine before he took a deep breath. "What is it?"

He looked down at his shoes and I looked down as well to see if they were untied or something but what I didn't expect to see was his right leg bending.

"Landon." I gasped before covering my mouth and he looked up at me with desperation in his eyes and I already felt the tears coming.

"Embre." He started and he reached behind him in his pants pocket to pull out a velvet satin box. "The first day I met you, I already knew you were different, you seemed so out of place. You don't know how you made me feel when I lost you the first time, but I made it my mission to find you again, And I did, to see you walking in." He chuckles, remembering it. "I thought I just wanted you but I needed you in my life. You took all of me, even the damaged part and I don't know anyone that's stuck with me for so long but you have, I'm a lucky man to have you. You don't understand how much I love you, and I meant what I said in those letters, I'll follow you anywhere, anytime. Embre Daniels, will you marry me?"

Bending down so I was eye level with him, I couldn't help with laugh with tears of joy. "You're serious?" I asked. "Like serious serious?"

"I'm serious."

"Then yes Mr Hale, I will marry you." I gave him my answer and he never looked more pleased.

"Yes?"

"Yes."

He took me into his arms and I squealed feeling myself being spun around. He kissed me passionately just like the other times and I couldn't help but grin. "May I?" He asked me, taking my left hand.

Slipping my ring onto my ring finger, I was stunned to see how big it was. "Wow Landon."

"You don't like it?"

"No I love it, so that's why you had me get my nails done two days ago?"

"You would have been mad at me if I didn't."

"True." I agreed with him. "I can't believe we're getting married!" I jumped up and down before I stopped. "Wait, you're not doing this because?-"

He shut me up with a quick kiss. "I knew you were going to say that, and no baby I didn't ask you because of that. I been knew I wanted to marry you." He bent down so he was eye level with my stomach. "But someone beat me to it." He caressed our baby and I laughed.

"So what now?"

"What do you want to do?" He stood up again, towering over me.

"I don't know.." I trailed off and he raised his eyebrows twice teasing me.

"I think you do know." He sweep me off my feet into his arms. "There's a perfectly good bed upstairs.."

"Oh brother." I rolled my eyes before connecting our lips together. "Okay Mr Hale show me exactly why I should stay."

"With pleasure."