Patient.

3 days later.

Chapter 48:

Today was my day off, in awhile, and I had business to take care of. And by business I meant Aiden.

"What's your plans for today?" He mumbled, his arm was under my head while he played with my hair.

"Do you really want to know?" I turned my head to look at him. "I'm going to talk to Aiden today and then hang out with the girls if I can." I told him honestly and he didn't look to aesthetic on the first part but he didn't get flustered.

"And what is there to talk about?" He stopped playing with my hair.

"He's not going to go away, so I have to end things."

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked, resuming back. "For moral support."

"Nice try, but no I'm good and if this doesn't work we'll have to take the legal route."

"And who's paying for that?"

"I think you're good for it." I grinned up at him. "But.. I have my own money now so I could do-"

"I'm just teasing and I trust you." He patted my backside with his other hand. "Come on time to get up."

"Can we stay for a little while?" I asked, placing my hand on his chest to keep still from trying to get up. "Five minutes?"

He sagged back into the bed, but a wicked smile came across his face and before I knew it I was pinned underneath him. "Five minutes?" I nodded my head sheepishly watching him carefully.

His lips descended towards mine and my eyes closed... just five more minutes.

••

Taking the Jeep-that he had gotten for me-again, already fallen in love with it. I texted Aiden the address, after finding out I never deleted his number. I didn't think I would have needed it but life has its ways.

Arriving at the IHOP, I get out and walked into the restaurant. It was packed as usual. I did this because I needed people around just for safe precaution.

Waiting a couple of minutes, growing impatient trying to get this over with. He finally walked in. He always kept himself groomed so I was surprised to see him in workout gear. He scanned the area before he's eyes settle on me and he grins,  I slightly narrow my eyes at him.

"Is this seat taken?" He joked, standing over the table but I didn't show any signs of friendliness.

"Sit." I pointed to the chair he could accommodate and he laughed at me demanding him.

"To what do I owe this pleasure." He flaunted.

"Listen." I start off. "If you think for the slightest that I called you-"

"You texted." He corrected and I waved him off.

"Whatever, I need you to know that whatever fucked up imagination you had, we had nothing." I told him waving my pointed finger between us.

"We could have had something." He leaned forward. "You're just too stubborn to see it."

"I'm happy." I placed my left hand on the table.

"Just because you have a ring doesn't mean anything, you could be unhappy putting up an act."

"Do you honestly think I would conceive a child during the process of my unhappiness?" I sat back in the booth looking directly at him, and I didn't feel anything. "I'm telling you this for your own good, and mine. If you still have whatever you think could happen between us, it's not. I love him. Leave me the hell alone."