The Silent Rockstar

Saturday i get home and go upstairs ready to go out i go to my door and open it i run into my house and into the shower. After my bath i got dressed into a nice peach coloured dress with heels i grabbed some food from the kitchen and ate in my living room my sister rang my bell i opened the door "i need to pee!" she rushed past me and went into the bathroom i laugh at her and get ready.

At the club we stand outside waiting for my friend Patrice she steps out and calls us in we go inside and get stamps on our hands all I hear is rock music being played by a band on stage. People are dressed in street clothes shirt's and jeans everywhere I feel overdressed and shout into Patrice's ear "you should have given me the dresscode!" she shakes her head "there's no dresscode" she points her finger at a couple of girls dressed in skirts and heels jumping up and down to the music. Jalissa sits at the bar covering her ears I shake my head and go to the bar to get a drink. I look around feeling bored then go for a walk around the club it's quite big with the bar up against the wall the colours of the walls are all black with white seats at the bars i go to the section next door through an arch with beaded curtains the sound is mellow and not as loud while a band is playing I sit at the bar sipping my drink the band does a cover of Jamiroqui's "Cosmic Girl" I turn my head and look at the main singer his tall slim frame, black jeans with a red checked shirt with buttons opened his eyes locked with mine his voice melts into my ears i'm blown away by his smooth mellow voice his black shoulder length hair fallen onto his face covering his right eye stroking his cheekbones as he strums his guitar. Every moment he looks up from his guitar he looks at me holding my gaze I smile a little but my gaze is distrupted by my sister "let's blow this joint! it sucks"

My sister drags me by my arm i look back at the singer as i am dragged out of the club Jalissa, Patrice and i go to little all night diner and eat ice cream it's 2AM the air is cool we sit outside eating "Patrice please! please don't ever take us there again" Jalissa and Patrice argue over their musical taste as I dream up the moment in my head, the little moment plays in my head his soft face and hair fallen over his face. I sigh at the thought .

it's 4am I go upstairs to my house I struggle to find my keys it falls out of my bag I hear it drop and a tall figure behind me moves, a light is switched on a hand picks up my keys. I look at the hand and take my keys i look at the figure of a man he turns the light off with the street lights on i see his face it's my neighbour "thank you" i say to him he curls his lips up into a smile "no problem" the words so smooth glides into my ears and echos into my head . . . .THAT'S HIM! THAT'S HIM! I scream in my head "goodnight" he says and turns to go home i open my door and in sync we look at each other over our shoulders my sister comes up the stairs and follows my gaze looking at my neighbour then at me I step in and then close my door.

MONDAY EVENING

I lay on my sofa after a really long day with the children screaming their heads off in the classroom I try to take a nap when a guitar riff is blasting through my walls oh why now?! I complain in my head Its my rockstar neighbour practicing his tunes I go to the kitchen to make myself dinner and settle in front of the TV. I hear another tune he plays Slash's guitar solo from "November Rain" I sway along to the song and sing the words he's really good I say to myself. 10pm i take a shower and go to bed he's stopped playing I lay in bed thinking about that night remembering his voice.

FRIDAY EVENING

I have had enough he plays the same tune over and over i put my pillow over my ears it doesn't work I have papers to mark! That's it I can't take it! I put my slippers on and burst out of my door just because he's not asleep doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't sleep I stomp over to his door and hit it as hard as i can he doesn't answer I hit the door again longer than before not realising that he has turned down the music.i hear some locks open up i step back and wait as he opens the door. There he is looking down at me with his hair fallen onto his face in his vest and sweat pants "yes?" he says in a low tone. I fold my arms "Excuse me neighbour, I'm sure you have gigs and stuff to do but could you please just turn the volume down a little? I have papers to mark" there it is . . . .his smile "I'll try to keep it down" it was like he was singing those words to me "thank you" I say i turn and walk back to my door "so you're a teacher huh?" he asks I look back at him and turn "yeah" i answer. "must be hard" i nod "yeah . . . .but there are some good times in teaching" i try to change the subject "you're a really good guitar player" his eyes widen "you think so?" i nod my head "keep it up" I say then go back inside my house I had to end it there if i stayed out long enough I would have blurted out too much. About how beautiful he is how his voice drives me crazy! I go back into my living room and continue marking my papers.