Meeting Mother

I sit down on the sofa he still hasn't said anything to me yet i stretch out and lay down. he let's out a long loud sigh looking up and takes the towel off his head he doesn't look too happy "Akio what's wrong?" he get's up and walks over to me sitting on the floor crossing his legs "i owe you an explaination" he blurts out. Slowly I sit up and nod my head Akio looks at me with pain in his eyes "I . . . I . .went to find my mother"I sigh "okay" i'm happy that he's found his mother i am happy for him but he doesn't look so jubilant .

AKIO

i went home. . .to my old neighbourhood and was told that my mother is still in her old town so I went there. . .I found her house after some friends and relatives described the place for me. Getting to the area I had to look for her house, when i got there she wasn't home it was around 2 in the afternoon so i went to a little cafe across the road and waited there for a while. After sitting there thinking about what i will say to her or if she will she recognise me? does she remember me? I look at my watch it's 3:30pm. I decide to stay another 15 minutes in the cafe looking around and see many different people on my left is a young family a couple with two young children, a boy and a girl laughing and taking pictures.

I smile at them remembering myself as that young boy with my family how happy i was and how proud i was being in this family. My beautiful mother young and strong my sister smart funny and kind, my father strong, kind . . . . changed.i look at my watch it's 4pm time has flown by. should i get up now? i look around and roll my eyes as a group of teenage girls stare at me and giggle. i get up and leave "ahjussi ahjussi!" i hear the girls but ignore them. I walk slowly back to my mother's house. Looking around i think i've been here once or twice to visit my grandma but i was still young finally i find myself in front of her door i fix my hair and straighten up the flowers i bought her and sigh. *ding dong* i press the bell. . . there's no answer I clear my throat i wait a few seconds. *ding dong* I press again i quickly check my breath and my clothes and stand still. should I smile? or give her the flowers first? as i am battling in my head the locks open i sigh as the door slowly creeps open a man middle aged in a white superman t-shirt and black jeans stands at the door "yes" he say's am i at the right place? "hello sir. . . .i am looking for . . . .the lady of the house?" the house seems packed as there are children running around and other adults "oh! you have flowers come in " he says "who ordered flowers?" he shouts to the people all the people look at me one by one "not me" not me" "no!" they answer i stand at the hallway a young woman comes up to me " all of you go play outside! sorry for the noise we are having a family barbeque" I nod and smile maybe now is a bad time. "should I come back later?" she shakes her head "no, you must be here for Lily" The lady links her arm with mine and continues "you know I can't count the amount of guys that fall for her. She got her beautiful looks from me you know?" She winks at me and takes me into the living room "Look at this handsome man Lily brought home" she tells the elders i greet them all.

It occurs to me that these people must be my family. . . but i don't know who this Lily is. One old lady continues to stare at me her eyes never leave me i sigh nervously and sit down "come here" the woman says I slowly shift closer to her "let me see your face" I look at her as the woman examines my face then looks directly into my eyes and smiles she holds my face and kisses my cheek. "handsome. . . handsome" i smile slowly and say "thank you" . "Here he is!" i hear a loud voice shout from the hallway the same woman from before walks in with a young girl nicely dressed in a peach coloured dress her hair packed up in a bun "no mother i haven't seen him before" i stand up the girl looks at me from head to toe and smiles while caressing my arm "are those flowers for me?" i look at them as she snatches them from me Lily grabs my hand and pulls me down to sit next to her "so tell me about yourself, what's your name?" i look around at all the eyes staring at me "he's handsome right?" her mother says and pinches my cheeks. i'm panicking i get up "i need to go!" i walk to the hallway "come back!" they shout i walk to the man that opened the door and shake his hand "i will come back tomorrow" the man looks at me strangley "you're leaving?" i nod then walk out opening the door a woman stands there ready to come in.

It's my mother our eyes locked on each other i fall down onto my knees she drops her bags still looking at me "Jaeyoungi" i nod my head "my baby!" she cuddles me at that moment i forget everything as i hold my mother in my arms "stand up stand up" i slowly stand as she holds my hand we go back into the living room "oh my baby look at how handsome you are just like your grandfather" she hugs me again while everyone looks at us. she wipes her eyes "everyone this is my baby -" a voice cut's in "jaeyoung! jaeyoungi!" everyone mumbles and some shake my hand and hug me a man comes through "this is your uncle Dae my brother" i hug all my relatives and hear old stories of how much of a rascal i was. i'm so happy that i have found my mother Lily throws the flowers at me "guess you can have these back ahjussi. . . .can't believe that we're related" she covers her face and runs upstairs he mother stands next to me "ah good looks run in the family we're all irresisitable. let me formerly introduce myself i am your aunty Lisa. your second cousin I bow and introduce myself formely.