Reunited

I walk down the street after a long afternoon of shopping now I can go home. I walk to my stairs and stop to take out my keys and walk upstairs to my door I hear a door open "hey" Akio's voice flows into my ears I smile but put my head down trying to hide it as I turn around I remember that I'm not happy with him "what's up?" I say and open my door I lift up my bags "let me get that for you" he says I pull away from him "I'm quite capable of carrying these thank you" one of the bags slip down and he manages to catch it as I balance it on my lap we go inside and put the bags down "grocery shopping huh?" He says I choose not to reply he stands there and unpacks the bags "are you okay?" He says I nod my head as I pack the items away as I go to put the milk in the fridge he closes the door "what's wrong with you Denise?" He says now I'm looking at him his hair tied back his blue checked shirt open with his black vest underneath I open the door and put the milk in the fridge. I go and sit on the kitchen chair "where are we Akio?" He looks around "in your house right?" I shake my head he sits next to me "we're in a good place right now" I look at him "really? Because last time I checked I was just your neighbour" I cross my arms " your more than that Denise" "then why can't I see that?" He looks down and sighs "look, I've just been reunited with my sister and I've still got my mother to meet and one day my father I've got a lot of emotional things to clear up. I didn't tell her because. . . It would all be too much at once" I look at the floor what is he saying? "Wait. . . What if we were married? You wouldn't tell your sister that you have a wife?" He spaces out for a moment "I see what you mean. No no I wouldn't do that! Just give me some time" he leans in closer to me I get up "take all the time you need Akio I got things to do" he follows me to the sofa "what's that supposed to mean?" He says "I don't know! To me it feels like you're ashamed of me" his eyes widen "what?! No Denise I'm not ashamed of you. Why would you think that?" He crouches In front of me and holds my hands "look at me I'm not ashamed of you. Just give me sometime I need to get to know my sister all over again before I make a formal introduction" I nod my head "I understand . . . Sorry about that I don't know why I was going all crazy like that" he smiles "it's because you're crazy about me" I look at him as he winks at me.

That night we made dinner together and chilled on the sofa wrapped up watching TV. I watched him as he fell asleep on my lap I covered him with the blanket and stroked his hair looking at his beautiful face he smiles "that tickles" I laugh at him "sorry" he gets up and hold my hand "Lets go to sleep" he takes me to my room and lays behind me with his arm wrapped around me we fall asleep.

The next day I wake up alone I stretch and squint my eyes as the sun light hits my eyes I climb out of bed and go to the living room it's empty I go to the fridge to get some water and see food on the kitchen table with a note. I take the cover of a plate of toast with a omelette filled with sardines and beans on the side I read the note

Morning. Denise

Here is a great way to start the day

Hope you like it?

Have a great day beautiful

See you later

Akio xx

I smile and warm up the food. I go to the sofa and eat. I need to relax and let him sort out his family issues first I like where we are right now.

That evening Akio returns we sit down watching the news all of a sudden a shocking headline comes up EUNTERPRENER KWANG-SUN KIM HAS BEEN RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL.

Akio's phone goes off he looks at it and puts it down "Akio pick it up!" He shakes his head "Akio what's wrong with you? Your father is in the hospital" he stares into space his phone goes off again I pick it up it's his sister

"Denise is Akio there?"

"Yeah"

"Please tell him to come to the hospital right away!"

"No problem I will"

I hang up and give Akio a good ear bashing " Akio go there and see him" he goes to the kitchen "I haven't seen him in years what makes you think he wants anything to do with me . . . He probably doesn't know I exist" I look at him "but your sister is there she's probably already told him". He stares into space again then gets up "where you going?" He grabs his jacket "home" and walks out.

TWO DAYS LATER

I walk up my stairs after work and see Akio about to come down "hey" I greet him he kissed me on my cheek "you going to see your dad?" He picks up his guitar "no. . . I will see you later" he goes I stand there dumbfounded. What the hell just happened? The next day I meet him again same routine he still hasn't gone "don't wait up for me" he says.

Friday I decide to wait for him I get home and change Into a pair of jeans and a string jumper with my white vest underneath I throw on a pair of sandals he's going to meet him today even if I have to drag him by his hair!

I sit at the top of the stairs he walks out "hey" he says I stand up he kisses me on my cheek "where are you going?" I ask him "I got a gig" he says I shake my head "no you're not" I take his guitar and put in my corridor "what are you doing ?" I close and lock my door before he tries to get in "WE are going to the hospital" I grab his hand and we make our way.