Rise of Brandon

It was a nice warm day as I was walking home from work I was happy, work was going well and got a nice fella that's interested in me but he is quite strange. I walk up to my block and see Brandon coming down the stairs he bumps into me not seeing me "what are you doing here?" I ask him he turns around and looks at me "Denise! I came to see you . . . How have you been babe?" With the annoyance burning in my chest I place my right hand on my hip he has the nerve to call me babe. He reaches out to hug me I take a step back "what's wrong?" He says with a worried look "Denise I'm sorry . . . I was stupid for cheating on you " I raise my hand he looks at me " save it Brandon, don't talk rubbish I'm not the sane girl you were with in high school I'm not falling for your shit no more" he looked right into my eyes "Denise what are you saying? . . . Your breaking up with me?" I roll my eyes "Breaking up? Breaking up?! You cheated on me! What gave you the idea that I would sit and wait for you? Brandon just go away don't bother my life anymore" Brandon sighs " Denise. what I did was wrong I want to make a new start with you -" I shake my head " so it took one night with some slut for you to realise that?" I laugh at him and turn away from him he grabs my hand "Denise I haven't finished talking to you!" I yank my hand out of his grip "I've finished with you excuse me" I say as I turn away he grabs my arm "don't walk away from me" he shouts I shake my head and look at him.

Two women are walking past on the other side of the road watching us "girl are you okay?" One of them says "I'm fine it's okay " I say to her and smile I look at Brandon "Goodbye Brandon" I turn to walk away he steps in front of my path "just give me a chance" I shake my head "you just don't get it do you? It's over between us we are through!" I shout I see Akio walking up he looks right into my eyes and slows down as he gets to the stairs I walk past Brandon not bothering to look at him Akio reaches for my hand I hold his hand as we go upstairs.

I pull out my keys he takes them out of my hand and opens my door I see from the corner of my eye that Brandon is watching us we go inside my house I sit on my sofa and sigh Akio sits next to me "what was that about?" I shake my head "long story" I shake my head and slowly begin to cry the nerve of him cheating on me but mainly how STUPID I was for falling for his lies all the time. How stupid I was waiting for him I couldn't believe myself Akio moves closer to me and cuddles me I rest my head in his shoulder he grabs a tissue and gives it to me I sniff and wipe my tears "sorry" I say to him "it's okay you can cry in front of me anytime" I smile at him "ex boyfriend?" He asks. I nod my head "he's a stupid boy I fell in love with since high school, he still hasn't grown up" I look at the ground "you were together since high school? " I nod my head "yeah . . . Then he cheated on me on my birthday! This year! Which was the last time I stood for it" he nods "do you want ice cream?" He asks me I look at him surprised at his random question he laughs "yeah I heard its soothing for heart aches" I shake my head. He nudges me "come on, this could be our chance to try something new together I know a great place." I look at him he smiles raising his eyebrows and nods his head over to my shoes I sigh "okay" I get up and put my shoes on I check my face in the mirror and fix myself up happy that I'm going out with Akio even though I don't know much about him, he is a good listener.

We leave my house and head for the ice cream joint "it's just around the corner" he says we get to the place he opens the door for me I step in and line up thinking of what to get but still hurting from Brandon's stupidness. Akio holds my hand "are you okay?" I nod my head we interlock fingers as we order our ice cream then sit down.