Forgiveness Isn't Given Freely

*SNOW'S POV*

I woke up the next morning with a start. My heart was pounding hard in my chest, I was afraid it might burst. My skin was slick with sweat; my hair clung to my neck. Trixy scooted closer to me and lapped at my hand to comfort me. I lay there for a moment as I waited for my pulse to return to normal.

When the thudding in my ears went away I got up, gathered my clothes and headed towards the bathroom for a quick shower. The house's hard wood floors were cold under my feet. Faintly, I could hear a clock ticking.

Once in the bathroom I locked the dead bolt and started the water. I turned on the water to where it was almost scalding hot and stood there, letting the hot water relax all the tense muscles in my back. I scrubbed all the dried sweat and tears from my body. I felt refreshed as it washed away down the drain. I scrubbed at my skin until it turned an angry red, as if I could scrub away my fear.

When I got out I wrapped my towel around my body and stood in front of the mirror. Wiping off the steam, my foggy reflection stared back at me in the mirror. I huffed out a sigh and got dressed.

A knock at the door startled me. It was Jake asking if there's any hot water left. I laughed and told him there should be. I walked out of the bathroom in black shorts and a GIR tank top, my hair still damp from my shower. Ella was at the stove cooking what seemed to be eggs and bacon with Trixy at her feet, staring up as she begged for scraps.

"Good morning, Snow." Ella greeted me.

"Good morning." I said and gave her a shy smile.

"Would you like some eggs and bacon? They're almost done."

"Yeah. That would be great. Thanks." I plopped down in a chair at the kitchen table.

As soon as the food was done, Ella scooped some eggs and bacon onto a plate and set it in down in front of me.

"Would you like some orange juice?"

"Sure."

Ella poured the orange juice in a tall glass and set it down next to me. Then she got herself a plate and we ate in comfortable silence. I didn't really like bacon so when Ella wasn't looking I slipped Trixy bits of my bacon. Jake walked out in his boxers with a hole torn in the ass.

He groaned and covered his eyes, sheilding them from the early morning sunshine that streamed through the window. Jake stopped in front of us at the table, stretched his long tattooed arms over his head and yawned. His fangs just barely poked out from his gums.

"Hello, lovely ladies." He said.

Ella smiled and kissed his cheek. "Morning, honey." She said.

"Jake. Can you not wear underwear with giant holes in them when I'm around?" I said.

Jake turned to look at me. When his eyes fell on me, I saw his fangs fully elongate. His eyes flashed red for just a moment. Ella held his hand and pulled him back when he took a step forward. A worried expression written on her face.

"Jake?" Ella said.

Jake snapped out of it and said, "Sorry. I'm so used to feeding on her right when I wake up. My instincts kick in whenever I see her." He looked at me apologetically.

Ella nodded slowly in understanding and let go of his hand.

I got up and stood in front of Jake. I forced a smile on my face and took his hand in mine.

"It's fine. If you want...you can bite me, Jake. I dont mind." I said shyly, looking at the floor.

"Then why is your heart racing?" He asked.