The Truth Comes Out

*CC'S POV*

Lauren was outside in the backyard, tanning. I stood behind the sliding glass door watching her. I wish I could go out and join her. But I don't have any sunscreen. This and the fact that we have fangs and red eyes are the only vampire myths that deem true. We can go outside as long as we are wearing sunscreen. We are slaves to the sun.

And speaking of being a vampire, I wonder how she's going to take the news. I just love her so much, I don't want to lose her.

After about an hour of laying outside she came in the house. I was making her lunch when she walked in the kitchen.

"Hey, babe." She said and kissed me quick on the lips.

"Hey. Are you hungry? I made you food." I said.

"Yeah. Thanks. Are you going to eat too?" She asked.

"No, I'm not hungry." I am thirsty though...

"Okay." She said and took a bite of a sandwich.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled in out and read who it was from. Jake.

Jake: Hey, have you told her yet?

Me: No. Not yet. I'm waiting for the right moment.

Jake: Okay. Good luck man.

I put my phone back in my pocket and saw that Lauren was already half way done with her lunch.

"You were hungry."

She just smiled and nodded, her mouth full of food. Then she smiled mischievously and took my hand in her's as she led me over to the couch. I sat down and pulled her on top of me. I kissed her as she threaded her fingers in my hair. Cupping her face in my hands, I tilted her head up so my lips could reach her throat. Her breathing was erratic.

Lauren's heartbeat echoed in my ears. The sound made my throat burn. I looked at her neck and saw the rivers of crimson that flowed within. Oh, what I wouldn't give to sink my teeth into the wet, hot, pulsing-

I shut my eyes tight and thought of something else. Drums. Rainbows. Beer. Pugs. Snow. Okay, maybe I shouldn't think about Snow. Snow just makes my throat burn more. If I think about Snow I'll think about blood. If I think about blood I'll-

"CC?" Lauren asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why?" I asked confused.

"Because you were growling. At first I thought it was Lucy but then I heard it coming from you."

Was I really growling? I slowly sat up and set Lauren beside me. I folded my hands in my lap and took a deep breath.

"Lauren...There's something I need to tell you.".

"What is it?" She asked cautiously.

Well, here goes nothing

"Lauren...I'm a vampire." Oh, god. I said it. I looked at her to see how she would react.

At first her face was blank. Then She laughed and pushed my shoulder.

"No seriously. What do you have to tell me?"

"I just told you. Lauren, I am a vampire. A Creature of the Night, a Shadow Dweller, Night Walker, a Blood Seeker. There's no other way to put it."

She looked at me suspiciously. "Prove it, then."

"Promise me one thing before though." I said.

"Anything."