The Visit

*SNOW'S POV*

After Andy left I sat there and cried. I cried until my tear ducts ran dry. I cried because I wanted to cry. I cried to see if I could fill the room with my tears. There was a soft knock at the door. Jake's voice sounded from the other side.

"Snow? Are you okay?" He asked, his voice soft and quiet.

"I'm fine. Go away." I sobbed.

I heard him sigh. Then a little mouse sqeezed its way under the door and into the room, stopping in front of me. The mouse cleaned its little face then started to shift into something else. The mouse turned into a little fuzzy kitten with black and gray fur.

I sighed, a little bit annoyed. "Jake, I said 'go away.'"

Jake meowed and jumped into my lap. He purred and clawed gently at my shirt. Kitty Jake kept meowing until I would pet him.

"Jake...you're super cute as a kitten and all but could you please leave me alone?"

All kitty Jake did was climb on my shoulder and meow in my ear. I sighed, giving up.

"Fine. But only because you're adorable as a kitten."

I got up and went into the bathroom. Jake meowed loud in my ear.

"Relax. I'm just fixing my makeup." I told him.

Kitty Jake yawned and layed over my shoulder. His fur rubbed up against my neck. Ah! It tickled! I giggled and shivered trying not to knock Jake off my shoulder.

"Jake!' Iaughed. "Your fur tickles!"

He meowed and rubbed his little head against my neck.

"Stop!"

Jake stopped and went to laying over my shoulder. I stole a glance in the mirror and made a face. I look like a raccoon. My eyes are swollen and red. I fixed my eyeliner and put on more mascara since it washed off from my tear fest.

Jake jumped on the counter and sat down, watching me. I smiled at him and picked him up, holding him in my arms.

"It's cool how you can do this." I said.

I kissed Jake's head and carried him out to where Ella was in the living room. I held Jake out in front of her face.

"Here. Take your fiance. I'm going out." I said as she took him in her hands.

"Where are you going?" Ella asked.

I hesitated. "To...visit someone." I said and started towards the door.

Jake got up really fast and ran towards me. He meowed and clawed at my legs. Dammit. Even as a kitten he can read my mind.

"It's okay, Jake." I said and stepped out the door.

Standing in front of the door, I took a deep breath and knocked three times. I waited for him to open the door as I shifted my weight from foot to foot. I hope this goes how I planned it. If not, I'm screwed.

I heard the lock on the door click and the knob slowly turn. The door opened and he looked at me from head to toe, a smile slowly spreading across his face. He was dressed in pants with no shirt on. I looked at his trademark tattoo before I looked at his face.

"Snow." He said.

"Ashley." I said back, shifting my weight again.

On the way over here I was feeling quite confident. Now, not so much. I wipped my hands on my pants as he motioned for me to follow him inside.

Once I crossed the threshold the door slammed shut and the next thing I knew Ashley had me pinned against the wall by my shoulders. I gasped as the wind got knocked out of me.