Everything's Not What It Seems?

I got up and got dressed as soon as Mrs. Jones left my room. I threw on a plain tank top and skinny jeans and went downstairs. I was feeling slightly lazy today.

"Morning Manda!" my friend Tabby called from the kitchen."Mornin' Tab!" I called back to her. I went into the kitchen to find pancakes laid down for both me and Tabby."Yum!!"I said as soon as the delicious smell reached my nose,"Mrs. Jones, you're the best!" She merely chuckled.

I quickly sat down and began to eat. The dreams always left me drained. After quickly finishing me and Tabby hurried out. We caught  the bus just in time for our first day back at school. Me and Tabby had different classes before recess so we went our own ways. 

The classes were boring, more or less like always. When the bell for the third period rang I was about to hurry out of class to join Tabby and our other friends. But right before I was about to go out my English teacher Mrs. Brown told me to stay for a couple of minutes, I slowly sat back down wondering what I could have done wrong on my first day back.

I noticed another boy sitting at the back of the class but I didn't pay him much attention. Probably some poor kid who Mrs. Brown would torture after she was done with me.

"You're not in trouble Ms. Scott, no need to look constipated", she told me. i heard the boy at the back chuckle. I merely scowled. "I told you to stay because I want you to help our new student Mr. Andrew Smith see the school."

"Why me?" I asked.

"because I want you to do it, that's why!"

"that's not fair"

"life's not fair, now quit whining and take Mr. Smith with you!" She told me and I realized it was pointless to argue now.

Don't take me the wrong way. I mostly never argue, but Mrs. Brown has hated me since the first day she set eyes on me, so I figured why be good to someone who hates you? I didn't even have a problem with showing students around, I just wanted the satisfaction of showing her up. Also because I didn't appreciate the new guy chuckling when the teacher insulted me, it sort of showed he was a jerk!

Well, might as well get this over with. I walked out the door and the new guy followed. 

"Hey i'm Andrew", he told me extending out a hand for me to shake.

"Hi, i'm Amanda, but you can just call me Mandy", I told him with a fake smile. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you", he told me, returning the smile.

While I was showing him around he told me about himself and I gave back polite answers. After he was finished telling me about him, he asked me about myself.

I started telling him about me, even about my parents. I had discovered this a long time back that you have to face the truth no matter how bitter it is.

After i'd finished showing him around, I figured he wasn't such a bad guy after all. He seemed polite and nice enough. So, I introduced him to my friends, to help him adjust better. I don't know how but he instantly became friends with everybody. I guess he was just friendly. 

When the bell rang, we headed to class together as we both had biology together. The biology class was very near so it didn't take long for us to get there.

Since the teacher wasn't here yet, I decided I should start a conversation."You know, when I first met you today, I thought you were a jerk for laughing when Mrs. Brown insulted me. But you turned out to be okay." I told him with a small smile.

"Well, you know what they say, everything's not what it seems", he told me, a small smirk playing on his lips. I had a feeling those words had a deeper meaning then he let on, but before I could question him the teacher entered.

Well I'll just have to ask him later now.

But the words still intrigued me for some reason, what did he mean by that? 

Was he trying to hint something?

Give me some sort of signal?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

so... what do you think? Hope you liked it :)

Vote, comment and fan :)

thank you <3

picture on the side is Andrew :P