Unbelievable Tales

I stared at him, expecting him to burst out laughing at any moment.

But he just had an expectant expression on face. He seemed so serious about all this. 

After a few seconds, I just couldn't take it anymore. I started laughing. How dumb did he think I was?!

"You don't believe me?" He asked sounding a little hurt.

"Why-why should I?" I asked between fits of laughter.

"Because it's the truth!" He half spoke, half screamed.

"Look, I don't know what you thought but I'm not that gullible", I told him,"You actually expected me to believe that my parents were some sort of magicians?!" 

"Not magicians, just gifted", he told me. How long was he going to keep on saying this before he realized he's not fooling anybody?

"You know you can give it up now!" I told him. 

"Okay, you know what, I'll give you some time to think about it", he told me gently,"then we can discuss this tomorrow."

"Yeah, maybe tomorrow you'll stop this lame joke", I said.

We both started walking off to our destinations.

I finished my shift at work and went home. Throught the whole time I kept thinking about our conversation. He was so serious, it was almost believable. But... it didn't make sense so I just pretended to think that he was trying to trick me. 

I just needed to forget about all of that! 

I decided to have dinner tonight with Tabby and Mrs. Jones as I had not spent much time with them lately.

Mrs. Jones were setting up the table by the time I got home.

"Hello!" I said cheerfully as I entered the dining room.

"Well, look who it is! The girl who's too busy to even spend time with her family now!" Mrs. Jones said teasingly.

"I know! I'm so sorry!" I told them meaning every word.

"It's okay Manda", Mrs. Jones told me trying to stifle a chuckle.

"So, where's Tabby?" I asked.

"She... she seemed really stressed about something, I tried to ask her but she just went to her room and when I went to check she was already asleep so I decided to give her some time."

"Yeah but that's so unlike her", I said.

'Hmmm' was all she said.

"Well, I guess things have been crazy for both of us", I said sighing slightly.

She gave me a questioning look but didn't say more.

When we had finished with the dishes and said our 'goodnights' I went up to my bedroom.

I lay down and after a few minutes I was fast asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys :)

Tell me what you think of this chapter? Hope you guys liked it :)

Vote, comment and fan!!!! :P

Thankyou <3

Picture on the side of Mrs. Jones. :P

I dedicated this chapter to DreamerHopeLoveSmile for teaching me this awesome expression! :{D

My Ability, A Blessing... or a Curse...?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara