A Depressing Day

I lazily started dressing up. I was so disturbed these days. I couldn't think straight, I couldn't eat right, and sleep?! Let's just say that's a very touchy topic for me these days.

I went downstairs to find Mrs. Jones and Tabby talking very seriously in hushed whispers. They didn't notice me at first but the minute they realized I was there they stopped. That made me very curious as to what they were talking about.

"What's going on?" I asked suspiciously.

"Oh nothing, nothing! We were just discussing... Uh, what to cook for breakfast!" Mrs. Jones said. Tabby nodded from behind her.

"I'm not an idiot you guys!" I exclaimed. "Breakfast is already on the table!"

They both gave me sheepish looks before looking at each other and then back at me.

"Mandy, dear why don't you sit down and I'll explain everything", Mrs. Jones said.

I slowly sat down and waited for hEr to continue. Needless to say I was feeling very impatient.

"Look, Mandy whatever it is trust me it's for your own good", Tabby said making me even more anxious and tense then before. They exchanged looks once more.

"Well?" I prompted impatiently.

"Uh, sweetheart, please don't take this in a negative way... But I think that you need to see a doctor", Mrs. Jones said hesitantly.

"I got a checkup a few weeks ago, remember?" I reminded her.

"Yes... But that's your daily checkup... I think you need to see a doctor about your dreams..." She said looking at my face to see my reaction.

Did she mean what I thought she meant?!

"You want to take me to a psychiatrist?!" I asked appalled at the mere idea of getting my sanity checked.

"Don't think of it like that! Think of it as getting a normal checkup from a normal doctor for a problem you've been facing", Tabby said noticing my horror.

"You guys think I'm going crazy don't you?!" I half screamed.

"No! We just think that it would be nice to know the reason-" Tabby started.

"I am not crazy!" I screamed while getting up and storming out of the house. I heard Mrs. Jones and Tabby call me back but I wasn't in the mood to listen to them telling me about how insane I was becoming.

I never imagined that my best friend, a friend who I take as a sister, and her mother who I take as my mother would be telling me to get my sanIty checked.

I went to a small restaurant down the street. I needed to eat! I reached there in no time.

I entered and was slightly shocked to find Andrew in the ordering line. I went up to him and greeted him. He greeted back, collected our orders and scanning through the busy restaurant we found a table in a dim-lit corner.

He must have felt my unusual silence today because after a few minutes he asked,"is everything okay?"

I sighed deeply before saying,"not really... I don't know what to do Andrew! Tabby and Mrs. Jones think I'm going crazy because of these dreams. And whether I like it or not, I think they're right!"

"Amanda! Please! Don't ever think like that again! These dreams are your ability! You should be happy!" He exclaimed.

"My ability?!" I asked shocked.

"Look, Amanda I know this is a little too... Shocking for you... But please Amanda what you must understand is that this is something to be happy about! You should be proud of yourself! This is an honor! Believe me it is!" Andrew said.