Tabby, My Friend

The periods before lunch were very boring!

    Finally, when lunch rolled in, I went to find Tabby. 

    Sure I needed to talk to Andrew but first I needed to see what was up with my friend. No matter           what she thought, she was still more important.

I found her sitting with a few of our other friends in the cafeteria. I saw Andrew sitting there too.

I gave him a look that said 'I'll talk to you later', and he nodded his head to tell me he understood.

I walked up to Tabby and my other friends and sat down.

All of them greeted me nicely and politely except Tabby.

What was up with her?! Was she really that mad?!

Throughout lunch Tabby kept avoiding me. I just went through the whole day of school getting bored. I knew I had to talk to her but I had no idea how?! What would I say?

When the bell for school rang I hurried out the door where I just saw Tabby standing. She had started walking without me! I decided that this was it! I was going to talk to her right now!

I went after her." Hey, what's up?" I asked with faked sweetness.

She just ignored me.

"Hello Tabby!" I said loudly.

Still no answer.

"Oh, so you're going to ignore me now, are you?" I asked getting slightly angry now.

She just kept walking. We had almost reached home now.

"Tabbitha Marie Jones! What is your problem?!" I half yelled, half spoke, earning looks from passing people. I must have looked like an idiot, but I had lost all my patience now.

"Okay! You wanna know what my problem is", she asked finally stopping by the front door to speak. People were actually stopping to stare now.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"You! You're my problem! The way you've been ignoring me for that new guy Andrew! The way all you do these days is hang out with him! How you don't even seem to remember me these days! Now that you got what's bothering me, leave me alone!!!" with that she unlocked the door and slammed the door shut in my face.

I had to knock and wait. After about a minute Mrs. Jones opened the door for me and let me in.

"Mandy, sweetheart, what happened?" she asked concerned.

At that moment I couldn't help it, I burst out in tears.

She hugged me and told me to quiet down. I kept crying into her shoulder while telling her what happened between sobs.

She listened patiently, and when I was done she spoke,"Manda you know that she loves you, she's just a little jealous right now. It's the first time either of you have gone days without having a real conversation. She's probably missing that. She just wants your time and attention. I think you should go talk to her", she told me gently.

I nodded shakily and went up to Tabby's room and knocked.

There was no reply, so I just opened the door a little and went in. She just rolled her eyes at me and went back to what she was doing before, homework.

"Hey Tabby, can we please talk?" I asked.

She let out a sigh before saying,"I guess so."

"Tabby I don't know how you could think that somebody else could ever take your place. Sure Andrew's a nice friend but you're like my sister and no matter how many other friends I make nobody could replace you", I told her in a soft voice.

She seemed to brighten up a little.

"I guess you're right", she said after a minute with a sigh,"me and my stupid insecurities!"

"It's okay! We all have times when we're insecure, unsure of ourselves and our surroundings,"I told her trying to cheer her up.

"You're such a good person and friend Tabby", she gushed,"even after all the mean things I said to you! I was horrible, and here you are trying to get me in a good, when it should be the other way around!"

"It's OK Tabby!" I exclaimed,"I'm not mad at all!"

"Will you please tell me what you guys talk about?" She asked. "Only if you don't mind", she quickly added.

"Ofcourse I will tell you!" I told her. "Why would I want to hide anything from my bestfriend?"

She smiled even more brightly at that.

I began telling her everything right from the beginning, when I met Andrew. I told her everything right up to last night's dream and how it seemed to come true.

She listened patiently with a few gasps and 'oh my gods'. She was actually an excellent audience. That's why I loved talking to her. She didn't interrupt like some people and neither did she keep an emotionless face during the conversation. She was the perfect best friend and listener.

When I was done all she could say was,"OH WOW!"

"Yeah and now I think I should probably tell Andrew", I told her.

"Why?" She asked her tone suddenly a little harsh.

"Well, 'cause I think maybe the whole thing about my parents might have been true", I told her.

"Yeah, I guess so, tell me what he says though", she said.

"Sure", I told her,"Now I gotta head to work, see you tonight?" 

"Sure, have fun", she said as I exited the room.

My cheerful expression didn't go amiss by Mrs. Jones.

"I told you all you needed was to talk", she said in a knowing voice.

"Yes you did!" I said going up to her and hugging her tightly. "Thankyou Mrs. Jones, for everything!" I told her.

"She just gave me one last squeeze before she told me to rush to work.

...

Work was usual. I waited for Andrew to show up as I was pretty sure he would come.

He came when my shift was over.

He ordered his coffee as I waited impatiently for him.

I needed to talk to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys :)

Whatcha guys think? :D

I know this is a really late update and i'm really sorry for that but I'll try to upload the next one as soon as possible! :)

Vote, comment and fan!!!!!

Thankyou <3

Picture on the side is of Tabby. :P