Too Good To Last

I groggily opened my eyes and let them adjust to the blazing light that had lit up the whole room, I never really was a morning person. I slowly looked around and saw Andrew, Tabby and Mrs. Jones sitting at a sofa looking worried and tired, but the moment they noticed I was awake, the came to my bed and all started talking at once.

"Thank God you're awake! You scared us to death!"

"I know you're mad, but it wasn't even my fault!"

"How could you be so careless?!"

"Uh, guys, one at a time please?" I barely managed to say as my mouth was dry. I sat up and lifted myself a little so I was leaning against the headrest. Tabby quickly poured water in a glass and gave it to me. I smiled at her gratefully and drank it thirstily.

Again they started talking at once.

"Oh, my sweetheart I'm sorry, we were just worried."

"Sorry, I just didn't like the idea of you being mad at me."

"Well, you should have known better than to run across a traffic-filled road!"

This time I stayed silent. Everyone looked at each other when they realized that they did it again and started laughing.

Finally, Mrs. Jones spoke up," Honey, what happened exactly?"

"I was stupid, careless and didn't realize that the people around me love me to bits, and whatever they do or did ( I looked at Andrew) was probably the best thing to do and was done with best interest of heart for me."

All three of them beamed at me but Andrew almost literally jumped at me from delight and wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh my God! Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou! I thought you were going to stay mad at me forever!"

Mrs. Jones and Tabby started laughing but he didn't stop. I laughed at his enthusiasm and was surprised that he actually thought I'll stay mad at him forever...silly boy! He was too cute to stay mad at. I blushed at my thoughts.

After nearly crushing me to death, he finally settled down.

It's true that at first even I thought it would be impossible for me to forgive him, but now I realize that these dreams are a part of me, and he's the only one who can actually help me through this. Without him I would probably still think I was abnormal and that these dreams were a cruse. I'm still not a huge fan, but at least I've accepted them.

Now, that Andrew was back to his senses, he started on a more serious note and in a low voice so only I could hear.

"Do Mrs. Jones and Tabitha know that these dreams are actually your ability?"

I shook my head and mouthed, 'I'm scared.'

He smiled as if he understood.

This conversation was not missed by Tabby who spoke with a knowing smile, "Uh, mum, how about you come with me and I'll um show you this hospital's art wall! It's um, fabulous!"

"Sure." Mrs. Jones replied a little unsure but I smiled at her to let her know that I will be fine.

They left and comfortable silence filled the room as I closed my eyes. I could feel Andrews eyes on me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him in a soft voice as a smile crept on my face.

"I couldn't bear the thought of losing you", he whispered and I could hear his voice crack. He was afraid of losing me?

'No Amanda! Don't get carried away! He thinks of you as just a friend!' I scolded myself quietly.

"You can't get rid of me that easily", I said while opening my eyes and grinning at him.

"Damn! How did you know inner motive?" He said while throwing his arms in the air dramatically.

We both started laughing, and I realized how good it was to talk to him about something other than my stupid 'ability'.

"So how long was I out for?" I asked in an unsure voice.

He looked at with a grin on his face and gave a long pause before saying

"The two best months of my life!"

My eyes widened...TWO MONTHS?! He has to be joking, what about school? My job? What ab-

"Haha I was joking, relax you were unconscious for only two days!" he replied in between his laughs. He's lucky i am in bed.

"That wasn't funny!" I said while glaring at him, he seriously gave me a heart attack.

"But the look on your face...too funny!" He said while cracking up again, I rolled my eyes and threw the pillow at him, while giving him my classic 'I'll murder you' stare.

"Okay, okay, sorry! Sheesh woman", He said as he caught the pillow.

Urgh! I missed school for two days...the torture when I do my miss work!

The next whole hour we talked about the most random things. We laughed and didn't even realize how fast the time went.

It felt good to talk to him after so long and have a good time, but I should have known... For a person like me, times like these are too good to last.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys :)

An update after soooo long! I'm sooooooooo sorry!

But please vote, comment and fan! :D

Thankyou <3

Picture on the side is of Amanda. :P