Short story 8: Baby Morgan

Lucina looked down at her small infant daughter who was lying on her chest. She pushed her head deep into the pillow and just stared at her. She could watch her daughter for hours. She rubbed the small child's back and kissed her head. "I love you, baby..." She whispered. The small child opened her eyes softly and looked up at Lucina. It was rare Morgan ever opened her eyes, so whenever she did, Lucina knew to cherish it. She smiled down at her. Lucina absolutely loved the little faces that Morgan made. Sometimes she'd be crosseyed and smiling, other times she would have made a angry baby face. Someone knocked on the door. "Come in..." Lucina said in the middle of a yawn. Robin opened the door and sighed. "Lucina, you should be asleep...! You know how much energy it takes to take care of this fussy little girl." He said smiling. "She is a handful sometimes..." Lucina said not taking her eyes off her baby. Robin sat down next to her on the bed, and kissed the top of her head. "How are you tonight, beautiful?" He asked. "...tired.." Lucina replied. Robin smiled. "Well that's just figures with this one." He said putting his hand over the hand Lucina had on Morgan's back. They paused for a minute, and just looked at her. ".........She looks like you, you know.." Robin said. "Yeah.. But she has your face..." "But she has your button nose... And your adorable cheeks.." "She makes weird faces like you do." "What!? I don't make weird faces!" "Yes you do." They both smiled at each other. The war was all over. Everyone was safe. They had a good life, and a beautiful child. "You should get some sleep." Robin said, placing his hand on her cheek. Lucina smiled and nodded, before her eyes slowly closed, and she drifted off to sleep.
"Goodnight, my love.."