Short story 14: All work and no play

Robin sat in his office, studying. He had been working all week, and barely got any sleep. He was sitting at his desk with a book in front of him and a small candle lighting up the room. He put his arms on the desk and rested his chin on his arms. He heard the door open but didn't bother to look up. "Robin... You should be asleep." He finally looked up. It was his wife, Lucina. He stared at her blankly for a while. "I'm not tired." He saw Lucina's face grow more firm. "Robin. You've been working yourself all week. You need to get to sleep." Lucina said, putting her hands on the desk. "Lucina, I'm fine." "Robin!" Lucina tried to hold in her frustration. She bit her lip a bit too hard, and accidentally tasted a little blood. She grabbed the book and slammed it shut. "Robin. Your sleep deprived! Look at yoursel-" "IM FINE LUCINA! JUST GO!" He shouted. Lucina jumped back a little when he yelled and pointed a finger towards the door. She looked at his hand, and had tears filling her eyes when she saw a small bit of purple sticking out of the small part of his hand that wasn't covered by his cloak. She covered her mouth and ran out of the room, not even bothering to shut the door. "What's her problem..." Robin mumbled.
He then looked down at his hand, and saw the purple paint that could have easily been mistakenly for The Mark Of Grima, back on his hand once again. "Oh no..."

"Milady, what are you doing up so-" Fredrick was cut off by seeing tears streaming down her face as she ran by. "Uh...?" A while later Robin came back down yelling her name. ".....huh?"

Lucina ran to her room, knowing that Robin had followed her, unsheathed her sword, and prepared herself for what she had hoped she never would have had to do again. "Lucina? Are you-" "stay away, Robin!" Robin had the falchion pointed at his chest. He grunted. "Lucina, it's just paint! It's not Grima!" Robin said. Lucina softened for a while, but then went back to the face she had before. "L-look." Robin held up his hand. It was only a small bit of purple paint. Lucina sighed of relief, tears still running down her face. "You scared me!" "S-sorry.." She shook her head. "Nevermind that.. But you need sleep. Now." Lucina said sheathing her sword and crossing her arms. Robin sighed. His stubbornness was rubbing off on her. So she went into the bathroom to change, and he took off his coat and boots and flopped onto bed. And he literally fell asleep in an instant. Lucina came out braiding her hair, and smiled when she saw him finally sleeping. She went over to him, kissed his cheek, turned off the lights, then laid down next to him. "Goodnight Robin... I love you..." She closed her eyes and then felt an arm wrap around her.

"I love you too..."