Short story 19: Morgan's Birthday.

Ok, I got this from someone's comic, but it was F!Avatar version, so I'm gonna make M!Avatar version :D

Morgan woke up with a yawn, and knotty smoke blue hair. She sat up in her bed and just stared off into space for awhile. Until realization that it was May 5th, her birthday sunk in. She gasped."it's my birthday..." She said. She laughed and got out of bed then dove into her closet. "It's my birthday!" She got out of her pajamas and into her normal day wear, with her coat, and raced out of her room, combing her hair with her fingers. She looked around for anyone, and saw her mother's smoke blue hair that matched her's perfectly. "Mother!" Morgan called. Lucina turned around to see her and gave her a warm smile. "Good Morning, Morgan! Did you need something?" Lucina asked. Morgan hummed in disagreement. "..do you know what day it is!?" Morgan asked. Lucina stopped for a minute. "May 5th, why?" Lucina asked. "...Ha ha.. Funny Mother. You know what day it is, right!?" Morgan said. "Hmm..." Lucina thought about a good excuse to say. "O-Oh! It's Children's day!" Lucina said, giving Morgan a hug. "Uh... Yeah that too, but-" "I've gotta go and find Grandmother, if you need anything I'll be with her." Lucina said, letting go. "Oh... Uh.. Ok!" Morgan said, thinking that Lucina forgot about her birthday. "Bye sweetie." Lucina said, giving Morgan a kiss on top of her head and walking away. "Bye... Mother..." Morgan said after she saw her mom disappear. Morgan stood there for a minute with a few tears welling up in her eyes. "Mother... Couldn't have forgotten my birthday... She never does..." She sniffed. "Why the long face, Morgan?" Someone asked. Morgan looked back up, to see it was Stahl. "It's a beautiful day, why don't you go talk to your father? Or go outside?" He asked. "Father...? He couldn't have forgotten! Thanks Stahl!" Morgan said, running to her father's office. "Uh.. What did I do!?" Morgan went to her Father's office and knocked on the door. "Father!" She called. "Hm..? Oh, come in Morgan!" A voice said. She opened the door to find her father lost in a book. She giggled. "What are you reading this time?" She asked walking over to him and trying to read it from behind him. "NOTHING! Ouch!" He exclaimed, accidentally closing the book to fast and closing his nose in it. "Uh.. Ow.. N-nothing.." Robin said, taking his nose out of the book and setting it down. "Uh.. Okay.. Do you know what day it is?!"  Morgan asked. Robin's brown eyes stared into Morgan's exact copy of them. "Hmm... Uh.. Oh, Ch-Children's day! Did I get it right?" Robin asked. Morgan's hopeful smile turned into a frown, as she walked out of his office without saying a word. She stood outside his office and thought for awhile, the threat of a waterfall of tears coming down her face  growing stronger. She gasped. "Grandfather! He never forgets anything!" Morgan said to herself, running down the hall to find her Grandfather and Lissa doing something she couldn't see. She went up behind him. "Hi Grandfather!" She said, scaring the living daylights out of Chrom. "Gah! Morgan!? How long have you been standing there!?" Chrom yelled. Morgan giggled. "Only a few seconds, Grandfather.. So.. Do you know what day it is?" She asked. She saw him glance back at Lissa. "You can't ask her!" Morgan said. "Childrens day, right?!" Chrom said. Morgan's once again hopeful smile turned into a frown. She sighed, and hung her head down low as she walked back to her room. She closed the door behind her and sat on her bed. She sniffed and a tear rolled down her cheek. "No one... Remembered..." Morgan said to herself. She picked out her legs and cried softly into her knees, until she heard the light turn off. She looked back up and saw complete darkness. "H-hello?" She called out. The lights turned back on and all she could hear were a bunch of voices yelling, "surprise!" She blinked hardly until she could finally see without tears blinding her vision, to see all the Shepards and her Mother and Father. "Happy birthday buddy." Her mother said, sitting next to her and squeezing her into a hug. Morgan felt two more arms wrap around her, and looked over to see it was her father, hugging the both of them. "My two blue birds!" He yelled, making everyone laugh. So no one did forget her birthday. They just had a small surprise, in store.

Ok, not exactly like the comic, but similar 😂

~ CG 🇮🇪💚