Short story 15: Fevers

Robin sat in the barracks reading his favorite book, when Stahl and Maribelle came in talking. Robin quietly listened to the conversation, peeking his head out from the top of the book with his eyebrow raised. "...well anyways, have you seen Lucina lately? I haven't seen her in a few days..." Maribelle asked. Robin then started to get worried. "Uh, no... I think she's sick..." Stahl said, scratching the back of his head. Robin immediately dropped the book from his face and looked at the two wide eyed. "Oh.. Poor thing..." Maribelle said. They heard a thud then turned around to see Robin's book on the floor, and the barrack doors wide open. Robin knew how she always helped the sick Shepards, and it always bothered him since he knew how weak her immune system is. A few people tried to wave or say hello, but he just ran past them. But a few saw where he was running to, and smirked. Robin then saw Chrom talking with Sumia. "CHROM! CHROM. Where is Lucina?!" Chrom shrugged. "She must still be asleep..." Sumia said smiling at the thought of her daughter peacefully resting. "But that's just it... She isn't asleep.." Robin mumbled to himself, not knowing Chrom had heard. "Wait, what?" "Uhh... Wh-what?" "Robin you said something about, Lucina, if she isn't sleeping then why would she not come out of her room?!" Robin grunted, then just flat out ran over to Lucina's room. "ROBIN! Ugh... The nerve of that man..." Chrom said, still wondering what was going on.

"Lucina!?" Robin said as he knocked on the door. No reply. He opened the door a small crack an covered his eyes. "Are you in here?" He asked. Instead of a reply, there was shaky breathing and a bit of coughing. He uncovered one eye to see her in her bed, with Morgan sitting beside her on a stool. He heard someone sniff but he couldn't tell whether Morgan was crying, or it was just from Lucina. He walked over to Morgan, and realized it came from her. He put a hand on Morgan's shoulder and wiped a tear from her cheek. "It's really bad Father..!" Morgan said in between sobs. Robin knelt down next to the teen and let her cry in his shoulder. "Mother won't let me get help...! She's scaring me!" Morgan said. "I know, Morgan... I know, it's okay..." He said, rubbing her back, as the sound of his own daughter crying make tears well up in his eyes. "Go get Lissa." Robin said, pulling away. "But Father! She said-" "it's fine. Just go get her." Morgan nodded and walked out of the room as Robin sat down next to Lucina. He looked at her for awhile, until he saw blood, at the corner of her mouth. A soft gasp came from him before he wiped away the blood with his thumb. Her eyes shot open but she then shut them again and let out a groan. "...Why didn't you tell me......?" He asked. Lucina sighed. "..I didn't feel the need to burden you with-" she was cut off.  "Burden?! Lucina, you DO need to come to me if your sick! Or at least your father!" Robin sighed. "Morgan's going to get Lissa. Just sit down." "WHAT!?" Lucina yelled, falling out of her bed until Robin grabbed her and caught her. He sat her on the bed and laid her down. "Now, don't worry. It'll be fine... Did Morgan come in while you were asleep..?" "I guess so..."
Lucina closed her eyes right before Robin pulled the blanket over her arms. She opened her eyes and looked at him. "......Th-thank you.."
She stammered. Robin smiled at her, and she kept her eyes halfway closed. "It's fine.. I l-.. I.. Uh.." Robin stammered as his face turned pink. "W-what is it?" Lucina asked. "I.. I love you... It's fine." Lucina turned red both from the fever, and from him. "I... Love you too..." She said. She smiled but then was stopped by a small sneeze. "Aww! You sneeze like a Kitten!" Robin said. Lucina smiled and didn't even feel him grab her hand until a while after he did. "Lissa will be here soon, Lucina..." Lucina nodded and soon fell asleep. "Get some rest.. I promise I won't leave you..."