•002•

Daniel

"Why do you let her do that to you?" One of Dominique's friends asked as she left. I was silent. "She's no one to be afraid of.." She told me. "I'm not gonna hurt you, you can talk to me."

"Baby leave the man alone!" Dominique's brother said, walking over. "If he'on wanna talk, leave him." Then he looked at me. "You good?" He stretched his arm out for some dap.

"Yeah..." I said, dapping him.

"Just stand up to her man, then she'll leave you alone." He told me. I nodded & they left.

"What the hell was that?" My friend, Trevor said. "I leave to go to the bathroom of two seconds and you--"

"Okay class, you'll be writing your end of the semester--" She stopped. "Daniel, where are your glasses?" I looked up.

"Huh?" I sighed to myself. "I uh.. Uh they--" She sighed.

"Go get them." She told me. I got up & left to the principal's office.

"Hi, good morning Daniel." One of the office staff greeted me as I walked in.

"Goodmorning. Is Mr. Taylor in?" I asked.

"Yes he's in his office with his niece right now, but you can go ahead." I nodded & walked over, knocking on the door.

"Come on!" He called. I opened the door slowly, I know I'm interrupting something. "Can I help you with something, Mr. Simmons?"

"Uh...I uh.." I stuttered.

"Here.." Dominique held out my glasses. "Now get outta here!" I grabbed them & left.

I don't know what is about that girl, but she can bully and intimidate me one minute & the next she'll luring me in. I know it's unlikely for a nerd to be with the most popular girl in school, but I think I love her. I know it's crazy to think that I would actually have a chance with a girl like her but a nigga can only dream.

————————

"So you gon tell me what the fuck happened this mornin?" Trevor asked after school. We always play basketball on the b-ball court, if the basketball players don't have to practice.

"What about this mornin?" My other friend, Spin asked. I sighed.

"Dominique happened.." They laughed.

"Bruh when you just gon let shawty know what it is?" Spin laughed.

"Probably never.." Trevor snickered.

"Exactly the same fuckin thing y'all do with her friends..." I spat.

"Shiiiidd....shawty can do whatever the fuck she want with me!" He laughed. "Have you seen lil mama?" I rolled my eyes & passed him the rock.

"We gon play ball or is y'all bout to fangirl over some chick that don't give two shits bout you?" I asked them.

"Whatever man." He passed it back. "Let's play!"

We played ball for about 30 minutes. My lil bro, Russ came to play & we ended up winning. 15-3. I ain't gon lie, we can play some real ball but I'm not the one to show off....atleast not in front of a lot of people.

"Y'all some cheatin ass niggas!" Trevor said.

"And why aren't y'all on the team exactly?" Spin asked.

"I'm chillin..." Russ shrugged. I shook my head.

"Y'all know why I can't.." I sighed. "I wouldn't join the team anyway."

"Why not?" They asked.

"Ion like being the center of attention." I shrugged. "I wouldn't fit in."

"You a pussy bruh!" Trevor spat. "Just cause that girl push you around everyday don't mean you all that shit she call you!"

"Still madude?" Russ asked. "That girl been pushed you around since elementary." I shrugged.

"She'on faze me man." I told them.

"One of these days you gon get tired of her bullshit.." Spin said.

"Til then, I'm chillin..."

These past couple days have been eventful. We got this essay due on Friday, I'm going to Queens this weekend for our monthly family get-togethers, then Dominique's bullshit.

Ion know how I, of all people, can put up with her shit. I guess it's just the love I have for her. Ion know but if she keep it up, her lil ass gon get handled. A nigga can only take so much of a female's bullshit. Hopefully I don't go crazy til then...

"Did you finish it or not!?" She yelled, while she had me up against my car. I bit the inside on my mouth. "Huh!?" I clenched my jaw.

"Yeah.."

"Then give it here, dumbass!" She continued to yell. I sighed. She stepped back so I could open my car to get my book bag. I looked through my binder & pulled out her essay. She snatched it from me. I grabbed her & snatched it back. "Give that back!" She yelled. I held it up in the air. "URGH!!" She groaned. She jumped on me & climbed up my torso, snatching the paper out my hand. "Thank you." She jumped down, fixing her clothes.

"That's all you had to say.." I spoke up. She rolled her eyes & walked off into the building.

I try to be a little bold when there's no one around, if it's just me and her. I don't like all the attention on me so if I "tried" to grow some balls with everyone around, it'd be the talk of the whole school. I guess you can say that I boost her ego or whatever, but it's more of me staying in the shadows. I don't wanna be seen...

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •

Please vote and comment❣❣