A Better Tomorrow

Richtofen, dressed in his WWI attire, sat on the log in front of his temporary fire in the forest.

He wasn't scared of being alone, but that's what he was.

Alone.

The search for a better tomorrow.... it was humanity's last hope.

He looked around at the stumbling zombies, seeming to ignore him. His paranoia was worsening. He looked around again to make sure nothing was going to pounce, before picking up a can of beans he had to eat.

As he munched on it, he thought about what he was going to do.

Or rather, undo.

Samantha had told them they had to rewrite history. To stop all the destruction he'd caused, or rather, his future-self had caused.

"Only a fool would dare to change history!" a voice said in his head. It was Russian. And it was familiar.

"Nein," Richtofen said out loud. "I am no fool."

The voices... they were a myth, only real to his Nazi self, not him as a field scientist. The battle in Northern France had not changed him, only his view on how the world would be.

He looked around again, and noticed several zombies mindlessly wandering dangerously close to him... still ignoring him.

"What I do..... I do only to secure a better tomorrow...." he said quietly. He just wasn't sure he'd live to see it. ~