witch aunts

This was the time when I kind of wished I had read books on how to react when someone proposes. The answer is just a simple yes or no but trust me there was so much more than that. If you ask me there are lots of things that we can say.

I don't know. I think I want to.

I need some time to think.

Why do you want me to be yours?

OMG who wouldn't want to be yours?

But really I wasn't going to say any these. They say to keep it simple so yes or no is the best.

Even though I knew my answer it was still so hard.

"Is it wrong to say that the thought of this happening was never off of my mind for quite some days now?" I know I know I didn't settle for the simple yes but you know I'm just cool like that. I won't ever know why I couldn't be so bold anymore because I could now feel the heat creeping up my cheeks and I buried my head in Michael's chest making him giggle. Blushing was my forte.

"Is that a yes then?" He asked as if it wasn't clear enough.

"What do you think?" Count on me to never give straightforward answers even in situations like these. I am so weird that sometimes even I can't. But hey being different is what makes you special.

"You're completely mine now" He said but still sounding a little unsure. I finally understood the logic behind opposites attract now, smart Alyssa and stupid Michael was just perfect. For some reasons I felt like saying that I was his.

"I am" As soon as the words left my mouth there were loud cheering and claps. The others had finally arrived and not only arrive but they had seen all of that also and trust them to make me become more cherry like.

"Guys go get a room" Ethan teased as I am still in Michael's arms. "Or just break apart already because it's disgusting" I bet if I go to jail because of Ethan it will totally be worth it because right now I just want to kill him.

I was taken back to reality from my criminal minds when I felt my phone vibrating in my jeans pocket. I guess Michael also felt it because he let go of me as soon as it started vibrating.

"Excuse me" I said leaving the others behind to take the phone call. I couldn't talk in front of them because when my I saw the name that was popping up on my screen I already knew that it wasn't going to be anything good. My sudden leave because of the phone earned me glares because they were my friends which were quite close. Who was I kidding? They are the closest and not to forget Michael was my boyfriend but I just couldn't.

My hands were literally shaking and I had to wipe my hands several times on my jeans because of how my hands were sweating so that I can answer the phone. I wasn't going to deny that I was scared. Maybe not really scared but I don't know what was that and I don't even know whether it was something less than scared or more. It was foreign and certainly not a good feeling. I slide my fingers slightly on the screen still unsure of whether I was ready to respond or not. It took all my might to press it against my ears and that was all it took to make feel like the Earth wasn't underneath my feet anymore. Helpless, I went back to the terrace making painfully heavy steps. Only Michael and Ethan were there now.

"Uh...I...uhm...can..." I couldn't talk. The lump that was formed in my throat prevented any sound from coming out. My eyes burned with tears as it flowed freely down my cheeks. As much as I was trying I couldn't hold it in. I bowed my head down and looked at the ground in the hope that I would stop crying but it didn't help. It felt like it had decided to go against me and just kept flowing. I hugged myself and tried my best to stop but I couldn't. I could feel my figure shaking uncontrollably and my fingers were numb. I could also tell that my eyes were puffy and red because of how much it was burning but all these were the least of my worries right now.

"Alyssa? What happened?" Michael asked as both him and Ethan made their way towards me.

"Alyssa are you okay?" I heard Beth ask. The others were now back here and concern was there all over their faces. If I'm crying then obviously I am not okay but I don't blame them I would have asked the same too and it's not like I like acting like a bitch also but I get mad when I'm hurt especially when I just want to slap some bitch.

"No" I said. I preferred opting for short answers as I didn't want to snap at them for no reason. Besides I was so mad now that I would probably smash the first thing that comes in my view that's why I can't trust myself with talking to my friends. I know I won't be nice. Right now I just wanted to go home. Funny how I want to go home when I don't actually want to go but I don't have a choice except going.

"I have to go home" I told them earning are-you-out-of-your-freaking-mind looks from them.

"WHAT?" Michael reacted not so subtly.

"And where is that home of yours?" Ethan asked me looking pissed. If you asked me this was a first for me. I never thought Ethan could be angry. He wasn't looking the playful Ethan anymore with his fists clenched on both sides.

"Ethan you know what I'm talking about. Don't worry I'll be fine. It's just for two weeks guys I'll survive. I promise you won't get rid of the annoying me anytime soon" I tried to make a joke to lighten up the mood a bit when I myself was feeling like hell.

"This is not funny Alyssa. I have already lost a sister because of those fucking witch aunts I'm not going to leave another one alone now" Ethan caught me off-guard by saying this. What does he mean by lost a sister? I didn't think it would be right to ask him that as it looked like a delicate matter since the way Ethan looked right now was so not Ethan-like. He looked like he was going to burst. Besides the others didn't look as shocked as I was which meant that they knew about it. But wait another one? Did it mean that I was like a sister to him? If you ask me apart from having a boyfriend this was the second best thing that happened to me today. It felt good to know that someone atleast cares when my own cousins had rejected me and it made me feel so much better even though the situation was still intact. Ethan came forward and gave me an impromptu hug. I really didn't know what to do except hugging him back which surprisingly felt like home to me. It's only when I felt that my shoulder was wet that I realized Ethan was crying. I still didn't know whether I should ask him about his sister and him crying wasn't helping also. I was never good at taking care of crying people. As if sensing my uncertainty about what I should do Ethan moved away from me and wiped his tears with the back of his hands.

"You really have to go?" Michael questioned holding my hands. I still hadn't told them the reason as to why I have to go suddenly.

"I really have to. There's something that I have left back there" I gave them a vague answer not because I still couldn't talk. My throat was dry now, burning but this wasn't going to prevent me from talking, I just didn't want to talk. I was also at a loss of tears now. I felt like all water had flowed out of my body leaving me numb.

Michael offered to drive me at my aunt's but was cut off by Ethan.

"Can I drive her?" He asked and Michael nodded without a second thought confirming my doubt that Ethan's sister was indeed a sensitive matter and I just let it go.

Please do vote and comment if you've liked it
Also, LYD is nearing it's end now and I was to say a massive thank you to everyone for all your supports. Really, this was insane I know you may find it funny but at the start I didn't think that this story will even reach 1k reads and wanted to stop writing but thanks to my friends I kept writing and now it's around 3k reads which means a lot to me.There are some more chapters to go but I still don't know how many anyway I really hope you're liking the story

Rukh xoxo