Chapter 9 Missing Pieces

Play song now

Aphmau's POV

I decided to clear my mind, but since it would be dark soon I decided not to go into the forest. I just went to the docks and sat there for a while staring at the stars.

After a while I  took off my shoes and dipped my feet in.

~flash-back~

I saw a younger version of myself maybe 8 or so years old, a few days before Christmas walking away for the brightly decorated Christmas tree in a large plaza with a bunch of people everywhere.

I was alone, walking away from the commotion when a kid running away from who knows what, bumped into me and knocked me to the ground, and I slipped on some ice and fell through a thin part of ice covering the lake, and started crying.

After he got up and brushed himself off he said "watch out where you're going next time!" Excuse me? He bumped into ME!

He tried to run away again but bumped into another person! It was a tall boy about 14 or 15 I think, he told the kid that bumped into me to go apologize and the kid walked over and said "my apologies." I got a clearer image of him seeing he was about 11, and then ran away again.

The older boy walked over and hugged me and I hugged him back.

Why?

He said "It's ok Aphmau, I'll always be here to protect you."

I said "thanks big bro," and we released from the hug, me still soaking with ice cold water sobbing out of my hair and clothing.

After everything we went home, and sat by the fire sipping hot coco with tiny marshmallows.

~END~

I woke up on the docks right where I was before my feet still freezing cold even though they weren't in the water anymore.

Why was this happening to me?

Why can I only remember small things at specific times?

Or... Is there something that triggers a specific memory?

I have no clue, but I guess I'll just have to find the missing pieces.