Chapter 25 A moment alone

Aphmau's POV

I woke up this morning and headed over to John's house to check up on him, and he wasn't there.

Where did he go?

Since he wasn't there I went to the old guard station. After talking to John yesterday I really wanted to talk to Garroth. As I went in I saw Dante and Laurence talking.

A: "Oh hey guys, what's up?"

L: "Aphmau something is wrong with Garroth."

A: "What do you mean Laurence?"

D: "Garroth won't come out of his room."

A: "Oh no, why won't he come out?"

D: "We don't know"

L: "He doesn't seem sick or anything so we can't figure out what it is."

D: "We tried to ask him if anything was was wrong and he just told us to go away, and that nothing was wrong."

A: "Well if he won't come out or talk to anyone, then obviously something is wrong."

Garroth's POV

Why did she kiss him? Does she even care about my feelings towards her? She knows that I like her, why would she do this to me?

I couldn't bare to get up and look at anyone, especially her. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror with or without my helm, I still couldn't leave my room. Then I heard voices coming from down stairs.

"Dante try to talking to him again, maybe he'll respond."

"No way! You know him better I'd probably just make him more 'sick'."

"C'mon Dante I've already tried this morning when I got him his favorite breakfast from Zoey."

"And he wouldn't eat it?"

"Nope, not even a nibble."

"That's crazy Zoey is the best cook ever!"

"I know right! He told me to eat it myself."

"What's wrong with hi-"

A: "Oh hey guys, what's up?"

L: "Aphmau something is wrong with Garroth."

A: "What do you mean Laurence?"

D: "Garroth won't come out of his room."

A: "Oh no, why won't he come out?"

D: "We don't know"

L: "He doesn't seem sick or anything so we can't figure out what it is."

D: "We tried to ask him if anything was was wrong and he just told us to go away, and that nothing was wrong."

A: "Well if he won't come out or talk to anyone, then obviously something is wrong."

A: "I'm gonna try to talk to him, will you guys please leave."

L & D: "sure."

I knew exactly who it was by the sound of her angelic voice. It was her. I can't think about her that way right now, she's a back stabber.

Then I heard her speaking to me in a concerned tone. Hmph, like she cares about me.

"Garroth?"

I tried to calm down as much as I could before saying anything and quickly put on my helm, it just feels safer.

"Are you in there?"

"What."

"Will you please talk to me?"

"No."

"Please..."

"I don't feel like talking right now Aphmau."

I could feel my face heating up and suddenly my heart sank to my stomach,  then I could hear her speaking again, this time like she was breaking down.

"Garroth............... Please."

"Aphmau... Please don't cry."

"How did you kn-"

"I can here it in your voice."

"Oh."

*sniffle*

I could tell by this point she was tearing up, does she really care? Or is this all just an act?

"Please Garroth just talk to me, you don't have to open the door."

Then I could hear her crying, she can't be faking this, can she? Then she sat down against the door to my room sniffling and trying to calm herself down.

"What do you want to talk to me about?"

"I came here to tell you something really important, but... I. Just, don't. Know if, I should."

"You can tell me anything Lady Aphmau."

"Do you mean it?"

"Of coarse I do."

"I was talking to somebody yesterday and-"

"Aphmau, are you sure you want to tell me this?"

"I was sure I did this morning, but now... I don't know if it's worth it anymore."

"It's fine just keep going."

I knew what she was going to tell me, she wanted to tell me she moved on and found somebody else. But I had to give her the benefit of the doubt, she didn't know I knew about her kissing somebody else.

It's not her fault, it's mine. I let her slip away from me, and now is to late. She's moved on without me. I could feel years dwelling up in my eyes, but I fought to keep them from rolling down my face.

"Do you remember when Lucy and I returned a few days ago with another person with us?"

"Yes."

"Have you met him?"

I haven't formally met him but he did pass by me on the street the other day, he was looking past my helm, he knew what I looked like.

"Him?"

"Yeah him. His name is John."

"Okay, so why are you telling me all this?"

I could hear her taking deep breaths as she spoke, she was fighting back tears I could tell. But I didn't even want to hear it, but I knew she wanted to tell me this, so I need to let her continue.

"I'm getting to that."

"So yesterday I was showing him around town, and brought him to the new house I built for him."

"And...?"