Very Strange People

Lenore's POV

     After church, my family and I traveled to Danny's Diner. It was a tradition to go to Danny's Diner after church, but we alternated the times we go because mother doesn't want us to become overweight. Anywho, we pulled up to the old-fashion diner, got out of the car, and entered Danny's diner. The interior was a classic 80s theme with the waitresses wearing poodle skits and roller-skates, jukeboxes that played the 80s classics, and more. A waitress who looked like a pin-up walked over to us.

     "Hey, I'm Hannah and I'll be your waitress for today! Follow me please!" said the waitress pin-up. She leaded us to a booth and gave us menus.

     "Can I start y'll with some drinks?" asked Hannah as she whipped out her mini notepad.

     "Are you a foreigner? 'Cause you talk funny!" asked Colby, giggling. Mother slapped Colby's head and said, "Colby, that was VERY rude!!! Apologize to Ms. Hannah right now!"

     Hannah sweat dropped as Colby mumbled many apologizes. She smiled and said, "That's ok, darling! I am a foreigner! I'm from the USA, Georgia to be exact."

     "That's cool, Ms. Hannah! I never meet a American before, but I would like a Coke," I told Hannah. Colby ordered a chocolate milk, mother asked for a coffee, and father ordered a Sprite. Hannah wrote all of that down and skated back to the diner's kitchen.

"Lenore, can you change Beau's diaper? My joints are hurting," asked mother while holding a giggle stinky baby Beau. I nodded, grabbed Beau and the baby bag, and left the booth. On my journey to the diner's bathroom, I bumped into someone.

"ACK!!!" said the person as they stumbled backwards. I clutched Beau closer to me.

"I'M SO SORRY!!!" I apologized to the person. It was a slender thin girl who looked like a scene or a mosher because of her clothes (A/N: it's in the media). She had pale skin, dark forest green eyes and lime green hair.

     "That's ok! I should of paid attention! By the way, I'm Abijah, but call me Abi!" exclaimed the girl, who extended her hand to me. I shifted Beau to my other side and shook Abi's hands.

     "Good to meet you, Abi. I'm Lenore!" I told her while smiling at her.

     "Lenore...like Lenore from The Raven, right?" asked Abi. I nodded my head and Beau giggled at Abi for some reason. She squealed at Beau's kawaiiness and went into newly doting mother mode.

     "OMG SHE IS SO ADORABLE!!! HOW OLD IS SHE?!" squealed Abi while tickling Beau's chin. Beau giggled and squirmed in my arms.

     "7 months, but she's a pre-me so Beau is small for her age," I explained to Abi. She continue to fangirl until a woman exited the women's restroom. She was slender and thin, like Abi, and had dark forest green eyes, very tan skin, and jet-black long hair in a French braid.

     "Thank you for waiting for me, Abijah," said the lady to Abi. She smiled and said, "No problem, sister!"

     Abi's sister looked at me, her eyes widen and mumbled, "הו אלוהים שלי זהעורב"

     Abi and I looked at her sister weirdly. She shook her head in realization and smiled.

     "Sorry, my native tongue came out! I was originally from Israel. Also my name is Zaneta Serpens!" said the lady who extended her hand to me. I shook her hand, then Zaneta grabbed Abi, and they walked away. I entered the restroom and changed Beau's dirty diaper. Strange people they are, very very strange.