A Freak Threatens My Girlfriend and Wants to Go Out with Me

Lenore's POV

"S-s-som-someone i-i-i-s af-af-after u-u-us..." Abi sobbed. She explained to me how a piece of green paper flowed into my room while I was helping Colby with his nightmare problem. Abi, being the adorable curious person she is, picked it up and read it. It read, "Stay away from Lenore. She will be mine. I will be watching you. -Boa".

"I'm scared..." she whispered to me. I wrapped my arms around her, tighter and kissed the top of her head. Who's Boa? Why are they threaten us, but mainly Abi? Speaking of Abi, she snuggled closer to me and said, "I should go, I have a long walk or slither to my place," before handing me the note and transforming. I laughed at her joke and she slithered out of my room, leaving me to ponder about the mysterious note. I shook my head with exhaustion. It's too late to think and the moment I hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

Timeskip to the next day

     I walked to school with my hair, a bit messy and my uniform, somewhat wrinkly. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice, yelling, "Lenore! Wait up!!!"

     I turned around to see a sprinting Brynnie coming towards me. She nearly collided with me if it wasn't for her cat-like reflexes (see what I did there). Brynnie smiled and asked, "How have you been?"

"Exhausted," I lied. In reality, I was just stressed and confused on who Boa is. We continued to walk to school in awkward silence.

Mini Timeskip

Once we entered the second floor and before we could enter homeroom, Brynnie and I were suddenly bombarded by a of the student council. Nathalie Richard, the president of student council, was the one. She was holding flyers that said, 'WINTER FORMAL!!!" on the top.

"Hey Lenore! Are you and your friend excited for the Winter Formal?" asked Nathalie with her always-cheerful voice. I faked a smile and said in overly cheerful voice, "You bet! Also Nathalie, this is my friend, Brynnie Singora! Brynnie, this is Nathalie Richard, the student council president!"

Brynnie smiled, extended her hand to Nathalie, and answered, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nathalie."

     Nathalie smiled brightly and shook Brynnie's hand while saying, "It's also a pleasure to meet you too, Brynnie!"

    They ended their introductions and turned to me. Brynnie walked back to me and Nathalie handed me two flyers before walking away to the next person. I looked at the flyer and read the colorful piece of paper.

Winter Formal!!!
Date: January 15
Time: 7pm-10pm
Enjoy food, dancing, and fun at Westminster Secondary School's 25th Winter Formal!!! Years 10 or above may attend. You must bring a date and reserve your ticket before the 21st! And don't forget to vote for Winter Formal Queen and King! Nominates will also be announced on the 21st!

     I looked at Brynnie and asked, "Wanna go?"

      She shrugged her shoulders and answered, "We need dates."

     I wanted to go with Abi, but it was too risky. Suddenly I saw Abj, Tadaaki, and Andrew walking towards us. They waved at us and asked in unison, "Hey mates!"

     Brynnie gave me a wink and began to struck up a conversation with Tadaaki and Andrew, giving me the chance to talk to Abi. I grabbed her hand and dragged her to a nearby bathroom. Once we entered the bathroom, I pulled her into a stall and locked it.

"What's wrong?" whispered Abi, not knowing if anyone else was in the bathroom besides us. I sighed and kissed her lips while wrapping my arms around her petite frame. She was shocked at first, but soon, Abi was kissing back. The kiss lasted for a couple minutes until we needed air.

"I want to go to the Winter Formal with you," I whispered shyly to her. Abi blushed a bright red and answered, "So do I...but...we haven't come out yet, it's too risky since our relationship is forbidden, and we'll be called dykes and will be the laughingstock of the school."

I frowned at her comment. Only a few people come out as gay here at Westminster, but a few weeks of bullying and harassment, they leave the school. It's unfair and cruel.

     "I know..." I mumbled with sadness and hugged her. Abi smiled sadly and kissed my check.

     "If some guy asks us to the Winter Formal, then say yes, ok?" said Abi. I nodded my head and suddenly someone walked into the bathroom.

     "Abi? Lenore?" asked a familiar voice. Abi and I looked at each other with fear and realization. It was Brynnie. We probably were in the bathroom too long, so Mrs. Carabotta must sent Brynnie to retrieve us.

'HIDE!!!' mouthed Abi with fear. I quickly crawled under to a neighboring stall. Abi flushed the toilet and walked out the stall.

"There are, snake girl! Mrs. Carabotta is looking for you and Lenore!" said Brynnie to Abi.

"Sorry I wasn't feeling well," lied Abi to Brynnie. I could hear Brynnie sigh and said, "Let's go. I'll take you to the nurse."

I heard their feet against the floor as they walked out of the bathroom. I sighed with relief and slowly exited the stall before sprinting to homeroom. Thank god, Abi!

Timeskip

The final bell rang during Language Arts, causing most people to rush out of the classroom before Mr.Bragger could say dismissal time. I slowly packed up my bookbag and walked out the room. Abi, on the other hand, was one of the people who ran out of the room because she had marching band practice. She was one of the oboe players and a substitute for the flag twirlers. When you hear her play the oboe, it's pure beauty and rivals the amazingness of a master's.

     "Lenore, wait up!" shouted a voice from the distance. I turned around to see Tadaaki running towards me. He stopped in his tracks once he made it to me. I smiled at him and asked, "Hey mate! What's up?" before brushing a locket of hair behind my ear.

     "I need to ask you something..." said a mildly blushing Tadaaki, his voice barely above a whisper. I tilted my head to the left in confusion and asked, "Is something wrong?"

     Tadaaki's face became redder as he said, "Lenore...will you go to Winter Formal with me?"