Lunchtime Sercets

Abijah's POV

     Andrew and I used the elevator to guide Lenore to the cafeteria because we didn't want her to face-plant again. After a couple minutes of elevator travel and walking, we made it to the cafeteria and got into a lunch line. All 3 of us got lasagna (I hope it was), a fruit cup, and milk. Andrew lead us to a table near one of the back corners of the cafeteria and we sat down.

     "So did we win the baseball game?" Lenore asked to me.

     "We did! Oh, you should of seen the look on Kylie's face!" I laughed at the memory of Kylie's face being so red with angry that it was brighter than her hair.

     "Good 'cause I need that extra credit! I have like a 85% in that class!" laughed Lenore before she picked up a piece of fruit and ate it. God, she's so pretty!

     "Abi, are you okay?" asked Andrew. I blushed because he noticed my day-dreamy look.

     "I'm fine," I stated firmly before digging into my lasagna. Conversation ceased after that. I saw Andrew put his arm around Lenore. She giggled and smiled at him. Something burned inside me. Jealously, it was. I stood up rapidly and walked to the bathroom.

     "Andrew..." I mumbled to myself as I entered the nearest girls' bathroom. I stared at a mirror and felt something burning on my skin. I put my hand on the mid-part of my left thigh. There was my birthmark, a very tan snake coiled around my mid-thigh. It was burning very hot, so I whipped out my phone and called Zaneta.

     "Hello?" responded a sleepy-sounding Zaneta.

     "Sis, my birthmark is burning really badly!" I whispered-shouted into my phone. There was a moment of silence until Zaneta cleared her throat.

     "Who have you been around lately?" asked Zaneta.

     "Mostly Lenore, why?" I answered to her.

     "Oh god, don't take the bus home today. I'm going to going to pick me up, ok?" stated Zaneta before hanging up. I sighed. To tell the truth, I'm an omen bearer, a supernatural human that bears an omen. Usually the omen is an animal, so we can transform into the animal we bear. I'm the omen bearer of the snake, along with the rest of my family.

     "There you are, Abi! Our last class of the day is about to start!" said a familiar voice. I turned around to see Lenore with that amazing smile on her face.

     "O-oh! Sorry! I wasn't feeling well!" I said, partly telling the truth.

     "Ok? Come on!" said that beautiful girl as she exited the bathroom. I gulped. From this moment forward, I was in love with Lenore Mata.