Abi and I Make an Oath

Lenore's POV the next day (Saturday)

     I was laying on my bed, reading The World of Omen Bearers. It was a very informative book that answered some of my questions, but not all. Suddenly a small green snake slithered into my room. I was about to scream, but the snake transformed into a familiar girl with green hair and eyes with scene clothes.

     "Abi?! What are you doing here?!" I whispered-shouted at her while closing my window. She sat on my bed and sighed.

     "I missed you..." Abi whispered. I blushed with joy. SHE CARES ABOUT ME AND MISSES ME!!!! I sat next to her and whispered, "I missed you too, but our families hate each other."

     I mentally face-palmed at what I just said. What is this, Romeo and Juliet?! Well...kind of...expect I don't know if she loves me back.

     "Lenore, when's your birthday?" asked Abi, twiddling her thumbs. I answered, "December 30th, why do you ask?"

     Her beautiful forest green eyes widen with shock and stared at me. She whispered, "Mine's the same day! This is going to be a birthday we'll remember."

     I laughed at her comment. It was true though, the Skyland battle was destined on our birthday. Suddenly I realized something.

     "Did your parents ever tell you the actual prophecy?" I asked Abi. She shook her head, no.

     "The snake and the raven will seal their fate. In a battle that's destined on their birth date. With an oath between them, who knows what will occur. Love or hatred, which would they prefer," I recited and tried to not pass out. What I recited was an old ancient language that I never heard of.

"An oath between them...may if we keep a promise, then no one will die!" whispered-shouted Abi. I tapped my chin. That actually might work!

"Abi, tell me your full name," I told her. Abi looked at me in a weird way and asked, "Why?"

"In this book Brynnie gave me, which is all about omen bearing, states that two omen bearers can make a scare path between them. It will only if they agree to not brake the oath and swear on God's domain. All we need is our full names and a knife," I answered as I got up and walked downstairs. A few minutes later, I came back to my room with a knife.

     "Also I have good news. My mother and father took Beau and Colby to St. James Park, so we don't have to whisper!" I told her. She smiled and said, "YAYYY!!! I hate whispering!"

I laughed and blushed at her bubbly comment. Abi's so amazing (Brid-chan: JUST KISS ALREADY!!! Lenore: Shut up 😑).

     "My full name is Abijah Kachina Serpens," answered Abi, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I blushed and said, "Lenore Annabelle Mata is my full name!"

"What now?" Abi asked. I grabbed the book, looked through it, and then closed the book. I answered, "First, we must agree on the oath!"

We sat there in silence until Abi said, "I have an idea!"

"What is it?" I asked, leaning closer to her. Abi blushed and said, "But before I tell you, I need to do something."

"What would tha-?" I was interrupted by Abi pressing her lips against mine. Random thoughts race through my mind, but I closed my eyes and leant (Brid: British people 😑 Lenore: SHUT UP) into the kiss. Her lips tasted like bubblegum and mint. The kiss lasted for a minute, but we broke apart because of stupid oxygen.

"Are you...because I'm a lesbian..." I told Abi. She wrapped her small arms around me and said, "I'm pan and the oath is that we will not let the battle get in the way of our love and our love for each other will save us!"

     I nodded and wrapped my arms around her petite body. We stayed like this for about 5 minutes before letting go. I pick up the knife and said to Abi, "Ok! Now you must recite that then cut a bit of one of our thumbs. After that, we must press our bloody thumbs together as the book states."

     Abi took the knife from my hand and recited, "I, Abijah Kachina Serpens, swear on God's domain to not let the Skyland Battle get in the way of my love for Lenore Annabelle Mata. I also swear that our love for each other will save us from death in the Skyland Battle," before slitting a bit of her left thumb and handing me the knife. I grabbed the knife and recited something similar to hers.

     "I, Lenore Annabelle Mata, swear on God's domain to not let the Skyland Battle get in the way of my love for Abijah Kachina Serpens. I also swear that our love for each other will save us from death in the Skyland Battle," I recited before slitting a bit of my right thumb. We pressed our bloody thumbs together and omeo sparks were released. Abi and I looked at each other with fear and determination.

"No going back!" yelled Abi as the sparks began to form a large tornado around us. On cue, mother and father entered my room.

"LENORE!" was the last thing I heard before the tornado of sparks sucked us in and we disappeared.

A/N: CLIFFHANGER! XOXOXO Brid