Nurse Kendall's the Coolest Nurse Ever

Lenore's POV

Today was the day I dispatched from the hospital. The doctors scolded me for being reckless with my insulin intake and gave me a special type of medicine to help my blood sugar levels. After that, father got me a wheelchair, placed me in it, and wheeled me out of the hospital. My family and I got to the car and drove home. When we arrived, mother told me, "You're going to school tomorrow, but I have your makeup work."

She hands me like 50 pages of work and I sighed. I guess I should begin this hell of a workload.

Timeskip to the next day

Mother dropped me over at school and told me, "Nurse Kendall wants you to come to her nurse every Monday and Friday during the first 10 minutes of lunch, do you understand?"

     "Yes, I understand...bye mother," I said awkwardly and got out of the car. I swear I heard a faint "I love you, sweetheart..." before I entered the school building. Suddenly I stopped and checked my phone. It said, 'Monday November 23 7:30 am'. Crap, I have to go to the nurse's today. I took the elevator since I had permission from the doctors to do so and traveled to the second floor.

     "Weird...where is everyone?" I asked to myself as I walked through the empty hallway. After a couple of seconds of walking, I made it to Mrs. Carabotta and opened the door to see that the lights were out.

     "Hello?" I asked before turning on the lights.

     "SURPRISE!!!!" screamed my entire homeroom, causing me to yelp and jump 5 meters. There was a big colorful banner that said, 'Welcome Back Lenore!!!' and everyone was throwing streamers at me. Andrew, Brynnie, Abi, and Tadaaki ran up to me.

"How did you convinced Mrs. Carabotta to let this happen?" I asked, still in shock that people actually care about my health.

"Just some Brynnie magic," laughed Abi while pointing to a blushing Brynnie. I smiled, hugged her tightly, and did the same to Abi, Tadaaki, and Andrew. Tears of joy pricked my eyes and suddenly the water works broke out.

"W-w-wow...you- you a-a-actua-actually c-c-care!" I sobbed, not caring if my homeroom was looking at me like I have 3 heads. Mrs. Carabotta rolled her eyes and said, "Welcome back and whatever."

     Abi, Tadaaki, Andrew, and Brynnie glared at her, but I didn't give a crap. I have great friends that care about my health and did something amazing for me.

      Timeskip to Lunch

     I took the elevator to the first floor and walked to the nurse's office. Before I even knocked on the door, Nurse Kendall opened it and said, "Come in!"

     I nodded and walked in. The office (A/N: in the media) was the same as before and Nurse Kendall beckoned me to sit down. I did and we began the check-up. First she pulled out the blood sugar checker.

"Very strange..." mumbled Nurse Kendall to herself as she pricked my finger and checked my blood sugar levels.

"What's very strange?" I asked as the checker beeped, signaling the results were in.

"That you went into a diabetic coma...I ever see you have such high blood sugar that you went into a coma," responded Nurse Kendall while injecting some insulin in my arm. I smiled awkwardly and said, "I know , right?"

Nurse Kendall smiled back and bluntly said, "You need to stay away from Abijah."

I paused as confusion appeared on my face. Wait...how does she know?!

"The Council wants me to watch over you and Abijah to make sure that your omeo levels are stable...if that's why you were confused," said Nurse Kendall while putting away the insulin pen. I stared at her and asked, "Are you an omen bearer?"

"Enonno, like your friend, Andrew. I'm trying to get a promotion in the Council, so they asked me to go undercover and watch you two before the battle," answered Nurse Kendall. I stood up and said, "Thanks."

She waved goodbye before I exited her office. Wow, why does everyone I know start confessing their true identifies?

Timeskip to After School

I waited outside school for my mother to pick me up. No one was outside expect me, which was very strange. I took a deep breath and exhale, causing a visible breath to be seen. Suddenly I heard growling coming from somewhere.

"Am I hearing things?" I whispered to myself as the growling got louder. Suddenly a gigantic dog jumped on me and pinned me to the floor. It had black fur and HUGE FANGS?!?!

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" I screamed as I tried to shove the thing off of me. It growled, showing off its collection of sharp fangs, which were ready to me into Lenore strips. Suddenly a sword impaled the beast and it fell on top of me.

     "Hold on, Lenore!" said a familiar voice before removing the hound from me. It was Nurse Kendall with a silver sword, covered with green blood.

     "Explain right now," I stated firmly. She sighed and said, "Lets get something to eat and I'll explain."