Mom and Dad Tell the Truth Part 2

Lenore's POV

After school, I was shocked to see mother waiting in her car for me. I entered the car and asked, "Mother, what are you doing here?"

"The nurse called me, saying that you passed out today because of your blood sugar. I didn't want you to walk home because I was afraid that you would pass out again and no one would be there to help you..." whispered mother, her bangs hiding her face. I was very shocked because I didn't know that she cared about me so much. I wrapped my arms around and said, "Thank you for caring about me."

"No probably sweetheart, but your father and I have to tell you something when we get home," said mother as she started driving. I gulped. Am I in trouble???

Mini Time Skip

We pulled into our complex's private parking lot, parked the car, and entered the apartment. After a few minutes of elevator travel, we made to our flat to find father feeding Beau applesauce and Colby doing his homework at the breakfast bar table.

     "Honey, I need your help. The bird will fly," said mother to father. His eyes widen and stopped feeding Beau. Father then turned to Colby and said, "Watch Beau for a couple minutes, okay?"

     "Ok," said Colby while working on math homework. Father and mother lead me upstairs to their room. Once we entered, father closed and locked the door.

     "What's going on? Am I in trouble?" I asked, fear visible in my tone.

     "No you're not, Norey. Your mother and I have a lot to explain to you," said father while taking a seat on the bed. Father never called me Norey before.

     "You know how you have a birthmark of a pair of raven wings on your back, right?" asked mother, twiddling her thumbs with anxiety.

     "Umm...yeah? What about them?" I asked back.

     "That birthmark is special, the Mata family is one of the many families that are..." said mother.

     "That are, what?" I asked with annoyance.

     "Omen bearers. We aren't normal humans. We are one of the many families in the world, chosen by God, to bear a certain omen, so certain forces of the world can stay in balance," explained father. Suddenly I bursted out laughing.

     "OMEN BEARERS?! Ha ha ha ha!!!! April Fools was a couple months ago!" I laughed as mother face-palmed and father shook his head in disappointment.

     "Honey, we aren't lying! We'll prove it!" said mother. She rolled up her sleeve, revealing a birthmark of a dove. Mother touched her birthmark and it started glowing. Suddenly mother disappeared and in her place, was a beautiful white dove.

      "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!" I screamed, flailing my arms as a defense. The dove cooed at me before transforming back to my mother.

     "Now do you believe us?" asked mother. I nodded my head yes before mother and father continued to explain more about omen bearers.

     "Every omen bearer bears the omen of an animal, depending on which family they come from. Everyone who's from the Mata family bears the omen of a certain bird. I happened to bear the omen of the dove and your father bears the owl," explained mother.

      "Wait...mother...how can you be an omen bearer? You were born a Pierre, not a Mata," I asked in a confused tone.

     "If you marry into an omen bearing family, then you become an omen bearer too," answered father.

     "What if you marry another omen bearer?" I asked. This question left mother and father stunned.

"Also Colby and Beau are omen bearers too, but they don't know yet! I didn't discover that I was one until I was 18 since that's what the rules state," chuckled father, ignoring my question.

"What omen do they bear?" I asked. Man, I have soooo many questions.

"Colby bears the swift and Beau bears the hummingbird, but we're getting off topic! There's a reason we are telling you that you're an omen bearer now and not at the age of 18, like the rules say," said mother to me.

"You're part of a prophecy that has been passed down through the Mata family since the beginning. By the age of 15, you, the oldest child of the 100th generation of Matas, must face the youngest child of the 100th generation of the family that are the bearers of the serpent omens in a battle between life and death," said father, sorrow and worry in his tone. I stared at them, confusedly.

"The snake and the raven will seal their fate. In a battle that's destined on their birth date. With an oath between them, who knows what will occur. Love or hatred, which would they prefer," recited mother before passing out. My father and I stared at each other before I asked, "Is mother okay?"

     "Yes, she is. What she recited was powerful ancient words, so it drained her energy. Tell Colby we're going to Luigi's Pizzeria tonight," father told me before laying mother on the bed and leaving the room. I was still stunned from what had just happened, but I did what father asked. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and found Colby, finishing up his English homework.

     "Hey monkey! We having pizza tonight!" I shouted at him with joy. Colby jolted up and yelled, "YAYYY!!!!!!"

We ran to get our coats and bundled up Beau before getting mother and father. Upstairs, father managed to wake up mother.

"PIZZA TIME!!!" Colby and I shouted in unison as Colby dragged mother and father out of the flat. I, on the other hand, raced out of the flat, but with caution, since I had a 5 kilogram baby in my arms. We never get pizza unless it's a celebration! Yay!!! Pizza time!!!!